What's the longest you've had a flight delayed?

tidyman

Currently just over two hours into an ( approximate ) six hour delay at Ringway. Getting a bit bored. The five year old got a bit bored about 1 hour 55 minutes ago.

I'm after stories of people being held up like two days and shit to make me feel it ain't so bad after all.

Oh and the information desk twat seemed to find it highly amusing that if I was at terminals one or two, I could go for a smoke. But not here at terminal three.

8hrs on way back from Spain one year. Plane blew up or something I couldn't hear what the women was saying as I attacked her (joking)
Meant I had to go to work straight from the airport with no sleep. I was absolutely fucked and as it was night flight the airport was shut down for 6hrs of the delay.

2 days whilst waiting for some fog to clear. It wasn't too bad, I was due out of hospital and they said I could stay there until I flew home. It was then you realised how nice hospitals can be if you're not ill. Fit nurses serving you food, stay in bed watching TV all day etc.

Sat in a plane at Manchester airport for 3 hours ( an extra bag had been loaded on), missed connecting flight to Singapore, had to wait 8 hours for a flight that took us (myself and 3 year old Daughter) to LA then on to Auckland, then Melbourne.
22 hour flight turned into 52 hours.
Fucking nightmare :(

I fly on average two days a week. About half the time I am delayed but mostly less than a couple of hours. Never been delayed more than 8 hours. I got stuck in cologne when there was a lot of fog at gatwick but plenty of good German beer passed the time :-)

pominoz said:
Sat in a plane at Manchester airport for 3 hours ( an extra bag had been loaded on), missed connecting flight to Singapore, had to wait 8 hours for a flight that took us (myself and 3 year old Daughter) to LA then on to Auckland, then Melbourne.
22 hour flight turned into 52 hours.
Fucking nightmare :(

What the fuck to get to Australia from Singapore you flew to LA?

I lived at JFK airport in nyc for 3 nights due to a blizzard then had an 8 hour layover in LA and a 20 hour flight home. It wasn't the best week of my life

Well I feel better already. Some right horror stories there. I appreciate it's all part of the fun when flying. Even though it's technically cutting into the holiday, I'm at least grateful it's delayed going out and not coming home. No guarantee it won't be of course.

Wouldn't even be the slightest bit bothered if it wasn't for the little 'un. Would just be at the bar getting leathered. Half way there hopefully now anyway.

Only thing that pisses me off a bit ( apart from no smoking ) is we knew it was delayed before hand but they insisted you have to check in on time anyway. I do reailse there are valid reasons for that but it just seems a bit daft.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.