What's the matter with Shrek

If you think Hart is a better player than Rooney, there's just no arguing with an opinion like that, there really isn't. Isn't it funny how we all wonder WHY we don't have flocks of decent young players coming through when after a single cap, Hart is now more important than 3rd captain and England/CL/WC/EC veteran Wayne Rooney?

Ashley Cole you have a point on, but in my opinion I still don't think he's a better left back than Rooney is a striker. Rooney's one of the best in the world, there is absolutely no weaknesses in his game at all.

He created chances last night, but he was playing a very poor international team. They say form is temporary and class is permanent, but there are still no signs that Rooney is recovering.

I am not even sure he justifies a place in the national team at the moment. I'd play Crouch or Zamora ahead of him.

Damocles said:
If you think Hart is a better player than Rooney, there's just no arguing with an opinion like that, there really isn't. Isn't it funny how we all wonder WHY we don't have flocks of decent young players coming through when after a single cap, Hart is now more important than 3rd captain and England/CL/WC/EC veteran Wayne Rooney?

Ashley Cole you have a point on, but in my opinion I still don't think he's a better left back than Rooney is a striker. Rooney's one of the best in the world, there is absolutely no weaknesses in his game at all.

Well, just a small one.

Not scoring from open play since... May, is it...?

Right.

I'm not going to go off on one there, as I know from reading your posts in the past that you aren't a stupid person.

Maybe just think WHY he hasn't scored since May? Perhaps it's worth comparing the open play record of Tevez and Adebayor to him

As much as it pains me to say it, but Rooney is a great player and last night he was instrumental in that England performance.

I'd have him at City in a flash, as I think his performances would win us all over.

Damocles said:
Right.

I'm not going to go off on one there, as I know from reading your posts in the past that you aren't a stupid person.

Maybe just think WHY he hasn't scored since May? Perhaps it's worth comparing the open play record of Tevez and Adebayor to him
The question posed was "Why is one of the best players in World football struggling?"

Surely a legitimate question to ask when one of the World's best strikers goes a year without scoring for his country?

It's not good enough to respond by saying Rooney's class. That is implicit in the question. You don't ask What's the matter with Benjani?

He needs a change fergie has knocked the fuck out of him pressure wise playing him when not fit and turning him into a one man team

Damocles said:
Blue Mist said:
As a midfield player I agree he had a good game, he helped set up a couple of goals and surely that is what the midfield are there for.............oh hang on he was on as a striker.

Are you serious? What a fucking ridiculous thing to write.

Rooney is still, by far, the best English player there currently is. I'd have give it to Gerrard but he's getting on a bit now.

Why is it a ridiculous thing to write ? He is meant to be England's best striker. He has not scored for many months, he had an appalling World Cup and last night he played against a team ranked next to Scotland, apart from the chip I can't remember him getting a shot on target. Defoe came in for a huge amount of criticism from the media when he was selected but he did the job. I am trying to put bias to one side and look at Rooneys overall performance but I have to say that as a striker he is not doing what he is selected for. As for the 'who is better' argument, sadly unless we play Defoe on his own up front, (not a genuine option IMO) I am not sure their is anyone, but that does not mean Rooney is playing well that is more a reflection on how few decent English forwards we have. Rooney did little last night up front but did a lot as an attacking midfielder. I am only saying he was not selected for that role.

Damocles said:
Right.

Well, why hasn't he then?

He's a "world class striker" that goes missing in important games. That hasn't scored in OPEN PLAY for club OR country.

He's fast becoming an incarnation of Leed's Alan Smith!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.