What's the most trouble you've witnessed following City?

The Leeds cup tie in the 70's when they invaded the pitch. The walk back to the station after the match was grim.

Walking into Bramall Lane behind a group of City fans and then finding we were in the wrong end wasnt much fun.

I was at the Millwall game as well, Having been to the Old Den 3 times in the late 80's early 90's and seen little or no trouble, I didn't expect the atmosphere that we met as soon as we came out of South Bermondsey. A load of 40 year old Cockney muppets were hanging around outside this pub on the corner basically threatening anyone who looked like an away fan. This was right in front of the police who when a mate said to them "Aren't you going to do anything about this", he was told "you take your own chances at Millwall" , not really the answer he was after. The game was shit we equalised in the last minute and then Badbuy missed a sitter to win it in injury time but the atmosphere was so poisonous I had lost interest. Monkey chants were directed at Goater all game. After the game we were held for an hour while the locals attacked the police with bricks and bottles. It was a full scale riot and by the time we were let out you couldn't take a step without stepping onto some masonry or glass on the floor. Got to London Bridge station where there were police on every platform monitoring activities.

Having been going away with City since 1977 this which took place in 1998, was the worst I had ever seen and it didn't even involve us.

Cardiff away in the cup.Think it was late 90's,Ninian park i think.Getting out of the ground,it was kicking off in small groups everywhere,on the way back to the car.And wtf is that stupid thing they used to do tapping there heads?

EalingBlue2 said:
Millwall away in 99 I think was living in London at the time - horrible area, horrible fans, broken glass everywhere, fire, injured police and marched flanked by dogs to London bridge station. Huge amount of violence and in truth it didn't really involve the city fans as we were locked in for a very very long time. Over 30 Met officers ended in hospital!

Bizarre thing was when we equalised for 1-1 I barely celebrated as I thought we were 2-0 down as I thought a disallowed goal for them had stood and I couldn't understand the celebrations

I remember that game..... Locked in for over an hour then when we came out of the ground it was like a battle had taken place, bricks and stoned all over the streets

Hull city away in 88 first game of season was bad.

Millwall 87 London bridge station

Rags Fa cup 1.0 defeat. 85ish

Manchester city centre after we played Blackburn away and rags had played everton. 85ish
Coventry away 80's seats ripped out

Swindon away 87

Coventry home Fa cup last minute goater goal.

West ham home early 80's

Liverpool home 81 in the league cup semi.

Haven't seen too much in recent years although a few skirmishes at wembley for the semi.

No question. In watching City for 46 years the worst violence was the second leg of the League Cup semi at Anfield in 1981. Fought our way back to the coach to find it on its side with all the windows smashed in. Three people on our coach stabbed. Anyone who was there that night will never forget it. God knows what would have happened had we won!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
XxRachXx said:
a dirty rag scum in my face saying he'd rape me charming !!

I think the potential rape far outweighs the rag part hon (O:

Stoke away 96/97 - year of relegation

Got a brick in my head, zimmer senior wasn't best pleased and did his own impression of rambo!!
I got a brick on my head at that game.
The police held all the City fans back in the coach park and let the Stoke fans stand at the top of the hil and empty a building site on us!

V Millwall the one that made it onto the bbc screens

And also remember one game against Villa at home in the 90's after a late Kinkladze winner

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.