What's the most trouble you've witnessed following City?

uwe28 said:
Cardiff away in the cup.Think it was late 90's,Ninian park i think.Getting out of the ground,it was kicking off in small groups everywhere,on the way back to the car.And wtf is that stupid thing they used to do tapping there heads?

ayatollah!!! lol

off to watch cardiff blackpool shortly

Against 'Boro in the cup in 1997. It was the first time I had seen trouble on that scale at a game, iirc somebody died after getting kicked by a police horse. Being 13 at the time probably skewes my memory of it and just how bad it was, but at the time it seemed like a war zone.

lime st station f.a cup 73 i think liverpool v city 3pm kick off everton v millwall 3pm kick off.bedlem

I've just remembered a game at Maine Rd, think it was Coventry City? They had the North Stand and for some unknown reason stormed the Main Stand (very cowardly considering the elderly and families were sitting there) and it got rather nasty. I remember thinking ''What the fuck'' as I couldn't see the reasoning behind it. The Kippax tried to help out but the police were stopping us if I recall correctly.

lita69 said:
I've just remembered a game at Maine Rd, think it was Coventry City? They had the North Stand and for some unknown reason stormed the Main Stand (very cowardly considering the elderly and families were sitting there) and it got rather nasty. I remember thinking ''What the fuck'' as I couldn't see the reasoning behind it. The Kippax tried to help out but the police were stopping us if I recall correctly.

A Goater last minute goal in the FA Cup triggered them storming the Main Stand. Not exactly what you would expect from Coventry.

Not sure of the year but i'm sure someone can help me out?

Midweek cup match at Maine Road against the Spuds outside the North Stand was a bit hairy.................God i miss Maine Road :-(

got caught in the middle of a mounted police charge at the back of the kippax after a game v crystal palace in 87 i think,this was the game where eric nixon got sent off ,and ian wright and mark bright had been winding us up all game

Before segregation, the Kippax was a big battleground for cup games - remember Sunderland '73.

The 70's and 80's were always fun away days but for me, Ayresome Park, Middlesbrough, was always scary especially New Year's Day '78 when we were surrounded by 'Boro and Geordies helped by the old bill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.