What's the oldest city memorabilia you own?

pride in battle said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Got the autographs of the 1934 FA Cup winning team on a single postcard.

It includes Swift, Cowan and Busby.
Interested in selling?

Not currently, probably never. I was lucky enough to buy this a few years ago after it came to light in a house clearance. I have it mounted with a photo of the team and it's pride of place in my office.

I'm not really sure of how rare it is, but having the complete team and trainer sign it makes it probably unique. Even the odd United fan I know all reckon it's amazing just because Busby's signature is there. Needless to say none of them had any idea he'd played for City!

Football boot key ring which was given by Bert Trautmann to my Nan when he was staying at the MRI (she worked there) after his neck injury in '56. Great man - his autobiography, Steppes to Wembley is worth a read by anyone wanting to see the contrast between then and now....

MaineRoadBlue said:
pride in battle said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

Interested in selling?

Not currently, probably never. I was lucky enough to buy this a few years ago after it came to light in a house clearance. I have it mounted with a photo of the team and it's pride of place in my office.

I'm not really sure of how rare it is, but having the complete team and trainer sign it makes it probably unique. Even the odd United fan I know all reckon it's amazing just because Busby's signature is there. Needless to say none of them had any idea he'd played for City!

Sounds fantastic. Why not exhibit it at the stadium as part of the tour maybe?

pride in battle said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

Interested in selling?

I have two plain postcards autographed by the 1936/37 league championship winning team, consisting of...

Swift
Dale
Barkas
Marshall
Percival
Bray
Ernie toseland
Herd
Fred Tilson
Doherty
Eric Brook and trainer F Chorlton
I have a few hundred City cigarette cards dating back to C1901 and quite a few team group postcards of the same era.
Also I have a publication from 1901 with a picture of City v Palace in the fa cup at Hyde Road in it. This could be the oldest picture of City in action.

I've got part of an original kippax 1923 turnstile - the "plate" thing with all the inscription on it that was on top of the turnstile where you'd pass your money over. I used to go to demolition often (understatement of the year!) and the workmen used to give me lots of stuff. It's the one pictured in len grants book (iirc - not dug it out for years if im honest!) as not being in the auction, due to being damaged - connells were going to send it for scrap but one of the drivers kept the plate bit for himself but gave it us as he drove out as he knew we were ummmm diehards for this kind of stuff ;)

Got some 1923 main stand bricks, and some of the glass window cubes though i don't know what year they were put into the main stand tbh.

Other than demolition stuff, ive got some old 1930s progs passed down through the family, and some 1930s newspapers, and used to proudly have grandads 1956 cup final pennent/flag on my wall as a kid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.