What's the oldest city memorabilia you own?

1961_vintage said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
pride in battle said:
Interested in selling?

Not currently, probably never. I was lucky enough to buy this a few years ago after it came to light in a house clearance. I have it mounted with a photo of the team and it's pride of place in my office.

I'm not really sure of how rare it is, but having the complete team and trainer sign it makes it probably unique. Even the odd United fan I know all reckon it's amazing just because Busby's signature is there. Needless to say none of them had any idea he'd played for City!

Sounds fantastic. Why not exhibit it at the stadium as part of the tour maybe?

I seem to remember talk of Gary James trying to organise a City Museum in effect! Not sure if that ever happened or if indeed the artifacts and memorabilia you see on the current club tour are actually the upshot of that?

My only issue with it going to the club is the fact you would need to pay to see such things. I reckon an on site museum, free of charge of course, is certainly achievable both logistically and financially by the club bearing in mind they can find space for EA Sports to occupy our children with even more time on game consoles!

I know we have the National Football Museum in Manchester and considering that it is in partnership with Manchester City Council I wonder if its relocation to the Collar Site may one day be a possibility. If so that would really be another fantastic draw for the site as a whole.

Got a newspaper from Plymouth,big picture of the city team on the front.....1946
2 arsenal v city programmes 1949 & 1951
Got the programmes from both legs of the cup winners cup games v Chelsea 1971
Other bits of stuff,but they are about the oldest.

MaineRoadBlue said:
1961_vintage said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Not currently, probably never. I was lucky enough to buy this a few years ago after it came to light in a house clearance. I have it mounted with a photo of the team and it's pride of place in my office.

I'm not really sure of how rare it is, but having the complete team and trainer sign it makes it probably unique. Even the odd United fan I know all reckon it's amazing just because Busby's signature is there. Needless to say none of them had any idea he'd played for City!

I seem to remember talk of Gary James trying to organise a City Museum in effect! Not sure if that ever happened or if indeed the artifacts and memorabilia you see on the current club tour are actually the upshot of that?

My only issue with it going to the club is the fact you would need to pay to see such things. I reckon an on site museum, free of charge of course, is certainly achievable both logistically and financially by the club bearing in mind they can find space for EA Sports to occupy our children with even more time on game consoles!

I know we have the National Football Museum in Manchester and considering that it is in partnership with Manchester City Council I wonder if its relocation to the Collar Site may one day be a possibility. If so that would really be another fantastic draw for the site as a whole.

I set up the City Experience Museum & Stadium Tour that opened at Christmas 2003 and closed in summer 2009 as the space was needed for the indoor ticket office and shop extension. It was the first club museum to be nominated for a national museum award and won various north west and Manchester tourism awards. It attracted around 20,000 fans each year and housed items from every era of the club's history, including themed displays, videos, cinema space, commentary box, virtual tour of Maine Rd, video jukebox of great City goals, and other interactive elements. Most of the objects were gathered from fans' collections and were on loan to the club.

It was the 3rd most popular museum and tour when it opened behind Utd and LFC, but it's figures weren't too far behind LFC, then Liverpool won the Champs League and it's visitors rocketed to around 100,000 per year but ours held steady at about 20,000 at a time when we had no success.

Gary James said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
1961_vintage said:

I set up the City Experience Museum & Stadium Tour that opened at Christmas 2003 and closed in summer 2009 as the space was needed for the indoor ticket office and shop extension. It was the first club museum to be nominated for a national museum award and won various north west and Manchester tourism awards. It attracted around 20,000 fans each year and housed items from every era of the club's history, including themed displays, videos, cinema space, commentary box, virtual tour of Maine Rd, video jukebox of great City goals, and other interactive elements. Most of the objects were gathered from fans' collections and were on loan to the club.

It was the 3rd most popular museum and tour when it opened behind Utd and LFC, but it's figures weren't too far behind LFC, then Liverpool won the Champs League and it's visitors rocketed to around 100,000 per year but ours held steady at about 20,000 at a time when we had no success.

Any plans on bringing it back to life?

I collect shirts and the oldest I have would be one of Colin Bells football league representative shirts from the 1968/69 season. I have shirts from the 70's, 80's and 90's and have purchased off various players.

If anyone has any match worn city or England shirt they'd consider selling for my collection, please send me a message. I have had items from my collection displayed on the city stadium tour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.