What's the problem(s)?

The Barca model is no longer fit for purpose.

I hate to say this but Klopp and his like have changed the game, pace, power and energy have to be no1 to win the title.

Possession based football is no longer the answer.

Pep has been sussed out and will have to change.
Yep, totally agree.

The Barca model is no longer fit for purpose.

I hate to say this but Klopp and his like have changed the game, pace, power and energy have to be no1 to win the title.

Possession based football is no longer the answer.

Pep has been sussed out and will have to change.
I made a post similar to this highlighting the same happened to Jose when pep came along and other Teams then started implementing similar ideas to pep and mourinho really struggled as his defensive football is perfectly suited to a pep system.

Now as you say football has evolved to a more German way of playing which other teams are starting to implement and it is no surprise our possession based game is struggling as this system is peps kryptonite (his record v Klopp shows this).

He needs to evolve or We will be left behind

I made a post similar to this highlighting the same happened to Jose when pep came along and other Teams then started implementing similar ideas to pep and mourinho really struggled as his defensive football is perfectly suited to a pep system.

Now as you say football has evolved to a more German way of playing which other teams are starting to implement and it is no surprise our possession based game is struggling as this system is peps kryptonite (his record v Klopp shows this).

The Germans are leading the footballing world for sure, they have regrouped and are back.

Spain and La Liga are in free fall, the Spanish model is old and broken.

Great managers evolve and reinvent themselves, not nice to say but Fergusson did this often, and hence his period of success.

Mourinho, Venger and now Pep stuck to their guns and becamer parodies of themselves.

The truth is we aren’t good enough at the moment in any area of the pitch to even finish within 15 points of Liverpool. Our defence can’t defend, our midfield doesn’t control and our attack is predictable and fairly static by previous standards. The malaise is right across the whole team. And our manager doesn’t know his future, or at least hasn’t communicated it, doesn’t inspire the team and has created uncertainty at the club. There is no immediate solution to this. It’s several years of work that needs to be done. And if Pep is leaving before completing that rebuild, then it’s better that he leaves now and let the rebuild be 100% with a consistent vision and tactical approach. That’s just the reality. Pep won’t leave now of course, and nor will he commit, which only adds to the likelihood of a disastrous season. We need something new, either from Pep or from someone else. Something to freshen it up.

Great managers evolve and reinvent themselves, not nice to say but Fergusson did this often, and hence his period of success.

Mourinho, Venger and now Pep stuck to their guns and becamer parodies of themselves.

Pep's already a parody of himself?

So, his methods won the first ever domestic treble in England and 6 trophies in a row from 6 on offer just 15 months ago. Now, 15 months later, his methods and understanding of the game are already left behind and he has to reinvent himself? That looks very stupid to me.

How can you be sure that it's not injuries and the difficulty of replacing aging legends that causes the current crisis but precisely the manager's understanding of the game?

Pep's already a parody of himself?

So, his methods won the first ever domestic treble in England and 6 trophies in a row from 6 on offer just 15 months ago. Now, 15 months later, his methods and understanding of the game are already left behind and he has to reinvent himself? That looks very stupid to me.

How can you be sure that it's not injuries and the difficulty of replacing aging legends that causes the current crisis but precisely the manager's understanding of the game?
We are going backwards, can you not see that?

The formidables season is now history, it's gone, remember it with pride but it's history.

We now are not good enough, end of story.

The truth is we aren’t good enough at the moment in any area of the pitch to even finish within 15 points of Liverpool. Our defence can’t defend, our midfield doesn’t control and our attack is predictable and fairly static by previous standards. The malaise is right across the whole team. And our manager doesn’t know his future, or at least hasn’t communicated it, doesn’t inspire the team and has created uncertainty at the club. There is no immediate solution to this. It’s several years of work that needs to be done. And if Pep is leaving before completing that rebuild, then it’s better that he leaves now and let the rebuild be 100% with a consistent vision and tactical approach. That’s just the reality. Pep won’t leave now of course, and nor will he commit, which only adds to the likelihood of a disastrous season. We need something new, either from Pep or from someone else. Something to freshen it up.

Overdramatic generalisations done in vacuum, i.e. without taking into account the context.

First, it makes sense to generalise like that only if we play with our best available team and still struggle like that. You've completely ignored injuries, covid and no-pre-season.

Second, it's not clear at all that we will need years to get strong again. My prediction is that it will take us months and not years. We beat Real twice without Silva and Aguero and with a makeshift CB pair. Things are not that bad at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.