What's the problem(s)?

Yep we were lucky today in the end, we could easily of come away from that game with no points, even Pep could see it coming hence the reason he put Dinho on to shore it up at the back

We were fairly fortunate to win at Wolves too given the clear chances they had.

In each game we have had very strong starts and then faded badly. Today at least we had a strong last 15 minutes. Tonight I was very happy with our start, the football was excellent, quick passing, penetrative and Leeds looked utterly disorganised with no belief at all.
However, as usual, our finishing was profligate and slowly but surely we started to lose intensity and sharpness and those changes inevitably gave a decent team, and they are that, an invitation to play.
Our defending towards the end of the first half was chaotic and there was little or no improvement after the break. The goal we condeded was comedy capers. Only when Bernardo, Ake and Fernandinho appeared did we start to look like a team again.
A number of the team performed miserably and if we are honest how many, after the bright opening, could we exempt from criticism.
The usual suspects Mendy, Mahrez and Rodri deserve our ire but Foden, Walker and KDB,the latter particularly in the 2nd half, were awful.
As for the new boys Torres was ordinary, I thought Dias looked decent and Ake was as usual concentrated and diligent.
It would take a long time to get at what is going wrong and many posters on here make persuasive points, but, as I watched in growing frustration tonight I thought that the City team of 17/18 and 18/19 would, after that start, have kept their foot to the floor and taken Leeds to the cleaners.
Sadly we are nowhere near those levels and I can see nothing which suggests that we are heading for anything other than a season of mediocrity, I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
KDB might as well request a transfer.

He simply has not got any years to waste.

Pep and Txiki aren't guilty that legends get older and need to be replaced.

Kompany, Ferna, Silva and Aguero are PL legends for a reason: it's not easy to replace them. Can't happen for 1-2 months. Especially amidst an injury crisis.

Why would Kevin leave, how many clubs have more talented squads? It's not like we lack quality and won't be able to compete for years to come. Strange comment.

For me, it’s the manager and his tactics. Further burdened by his utter arrogance and defiance to change. Tonight, he picked Mendy and Mahrez who neither should be in the starting 11. As soon as he brings on Ake and Silva we are far better. KDB needs Silva alongside him. for a long time now we’ve been predictable and boring, and that is the manager’s fault. If you got points for passing teams to death (with no end result) we’d be miles ahead of everyone.

Okay. But how much of a pre season did Everton have? Not that much, I would guess. The fact is, we can't really afford to be dropping the points we're doing. If Liverpool win tomorrow, as expected, they'll join Everton in being 8 points ahead (albeit with a game more played) after 4 games.
It is a marathon not a sprint . this is a transition time , i have no expectations and in fact not a lot of interest

Yep we were lucky today in the end, we could easily of come away from that game with no points, even Pep could see it coming hence the reason he put Dinho on to shore it up at the back
For now at least (he's young and can still learn) I'd give up on Rodri, and go back to Fernandhino in front of the defence and play Bernardo, Fernandhino thinks quicker, and is more effective, Rodri is often great when we're on top, but poor when we aren't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.