What's the problem(s)?

Kompany was the most sought after teenager in world football,prior to injuries putting a few clubs off.Aguero was also ripping trees up and it was clear he was a generational talent.Silva needed no introduction,we signed a magician and a player with that skill set and mind set was always going to succeed.
That is what i mean, we bought players with good potential but nobody could have said with certainty how good kompany or silva would be for us.We can't for ex go and buy neymar, can we? It's always a judgment call when evaluating potential.It's a pity Stones and some others didn't work out, but can't deny they were considered potentially class players when we bought them.

If Mr Guardiola did the decent thing and signed a decent extension to his contract I would be relaxed and happy, rebuild this squad/team and go again.

Until he does that, this team and club are in limbo.
Pep's contract is an issue but I believe the squad will click and Pep will extend.

I am quite happy with the rebuilding job. We took what felt like an age to bring in a central defender but we did it in the end.

The team is suffering now because of the none-existent pre-season and injury.

We had two problems at Leeds:
  1. Left back. Mendy is slow. But Cancelo/Zinchenko will improve that
  2. No strikers. They're both due back soon.
Those are temporary problems.

You have not come up with a fundamental issue with the squad. For months it was the central defence but we can have hope now that that is going to be fixed.

The problem is watching City on the telly. I've probably watched them on the telly, men, women and kids, more since lockdown than probably in the last ten years. I missed the Arse game 'cos faith deserted me for a day, and they win. Every other game I have watched has been mentally painful. Games we should have won, games we did win but made a fuckin' seven course meal of it, games the ref fucked us over, games where we didn't turn up, let alone click. I have two more games today - the women, which gets onto BBC, not because we have TWO Yanqui World Cup Winners, but because Harringay have ONE!, and the kids v EFC. Win or lose, if it's another couple of examples of turgid, torrid televisuals, I shall stick to the MDC until we get back into the ground!

As long as we keep playing Mendy we will continue to struggle defensively. Ake looked different class when he came on yesterday.
The lack of strikers is hurting us at the other end of the pitch.
Once these two problems are fixed I am absolutely confident we will be back on it.

Pep's contract is an issue but I believe the squad will click and Pep will extend.

I am quite happy with the rebuilding job. We took what felt like an age to bring in a central defender but we did it in the end.

You have not come up with a fundamental issue with the squad. For months it was the central defence but we can have hope now that that is going to be fixed.
For me its never been central defense on its own and the last 2 games have proved that. Our midfield is too passive without ferny and both full backs are highly error prone with mendy being particularly terrible. The bloke fails on every level at passing to team mates and is a liability defending. Another weakness is we are mentally weak. There's no leader in the team dragging people up, hopefully that will be dias who did well.

When we get to about 10 games I will be able to tell if there are problems and discuss them. With no pre season, injuries, covid positives. Players still arriving and making their debuts. 2 tough away games, remember we lost to Wolves last season.Too early to say.

Cancelo could make left back his own this season. I like him and given a run think he will do the business.

The problem has been that we are missing far too many chances. There also too many chances going off target. These players are all suppose to be highly talented international players, so why is their shooting so bad .

So with Edinsn Cavani available for free why when there is no fee available is Pep not going for him. Should Cavani join another Premier League club and be proved to be a success.. This will prove that Pep has lost his desire to sort out the problems. We have been crying out for another C.F. t help out Sergio and Jesus for over two season's now. Yet we are still nowhere near giving them the extra help they need.

Pep has until 10.00pm tomorrow night to get us the two players that we need. But I expect Pep to do absolutely nothing. Why hasn't Pep at least tried to bring in a striker on loan, even if it is with an option to buy and a LB as well. Maybe the time has come to think about who should be our next manager. Does Pep look jaded to you, he hasn't any fresh ideas how to change things if his plan isn't working.

I wonder if it was Mikel Arteta who was the brains behind our two title's.Also that the club also made a mistake in not informing Mikel Arteta that he can have the managers job after Pep. Maybe the team is struggling because Pep has no idea what he should do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.