What's the 'roughest' area in GTR MCR

Gaylord du Bois said:
daveduke67 said:
The g/f's minge five days after her waxing.
Missing Mooner Alert!
Top poster Dave, its a shame he's not posted for a year or more.

He is still lurking he came to the last Bluemoon do, he is nice guy.

toby said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
daveduke67 said:
The g/f's minge five days after her waxing.
Missing Mooner Alert!
Top poster Dave, its a shame he's not posted for a year or more.

He is still lurking he came to the last Bluemoon do, he is nice guy.
He is. Had a few words of support from Dave when my head was right up my arse a while back. Seems he's bowed out on 10,000 posts..

Re: What's the 'roguhest' area in GTR MCR

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Robbo. said:
ColinBellsjockstrap said:
I grew up in Gorton in the fifties and sixties when every street looked like Coronation Street.

Most people were skint, but were the salt of the earth types, (with a few exceptions)

Don't recognise the place now, went back last week and got lost, a large percentage has been been knocked down...:)

I think the area around Strangeways, and parts of Cheetham Hill, Heywood, Bacup and Wythenshawe are pretty scary, but, like most things, you can't generalise, plenty of nice people live there too. Of course any Bluemooners who live in those areas are sound, that goes without saying..........

pinocchio.gif

Heywood and Bacup scary? Fucking hell fella lol

Even the Police dogs have to wear riot gear in Bacup, I should know, I lived there for thirty years.....lol!

wobble.gif

Also, Alderley Edge, Prestbury, Knutsford and Hale Barns have some well dodgy characters...

I live there now lol, I'd walk round with Money spilling out of my pocket, my Tag watch on screaming for somebody to mug me and fuck all will happen :)

RadcliffeRick said:
Thenumber1blue said:
RadcliffeRick said:
You can't be serious. Its a wonderful place.
I thought that was in Notts.

No it's a leafy glade that nestles between Bury and Bolton. Imagine a Cotswold village and you have a good idea what Radcliffe is like.
I worked there for a few years on Milltown Street. It's more like a puss-filled pimple on the tram line.
Although the East Lancs Paper Mill provided me with a well-paid job for a couple of weeks one summer when I was a student.

Re: What's the 'roguhest' area in GTR MCR

MCFCTrick said:
Five pages and no mention of Limeside in Oldham...? (aka Crimeside)

Was thinking this myself. Lived in Hollinwood and South Chadderton and Limeside was a no go area at most times of the day if your face didn't fit. My wife used to tell me some stories of the gauntlet they used to run when doing cross country through Limeside - she went to Hollinwood.

Younger days grew up in Collyhurst, Ancoats and Newton Heath. Ancoats seems to be going through a bit of a renaissance these days but was rough in my day.

I suppose most areas in the north have their fair share of scallies but even rough areas have good people. It was the wannabe gangsters that used to get on my tits. How I'd love to pay some of these knobheads a visit now I am a bit older, wiser and not as gullible where reputations are concerned - there are a few people out there due a good kicking.

bluemoonmcfc said:
Obviously places like Longsight, Cheetam Hill and Moss Side usually get a mention when thinking of some of Manchester's roughest areas but what areas are the roughest in the surrounding areas.

Having grew up in Rochdale some of the worst areas I seen where Bacup, Darnhill in Heywood, Newbold in Rochdale, Langley in Middleton and an area of Bury I can't remember the name of.

My fondest memories as a kid were in langley..mind you ASBOS were a long distance off..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.