Whats wrong with our defence ? 3-2 3-2 3-2

mrt4919

Our defence has collapsed over the last major matches.
QPR 3-2
Chelsea 3-2
Southampton 3-2

I can see it, you can see it
Mancini-Kidd can see it
What the hell is going wrong ?
Why are we conceding goals hand over fist ?

Win the League...not with shipping this amount against us, its odds on we are not going to turn a game against us conceding mickey mouse goals time and time again.

What has changed ?
Who are not working a shift or has Mancini's tactics changed ?

I am worried, the whole dynamic of our defence approach has weakened, are you ?

I think it's just complacency creeping in. It'll soon tighten up when we get into full swing, I'm absolutely certain of that, we won't concede two every game. We probably wouldn't have conceded today if we took our chances and went 2 or 3 nil up because Southampton would have been on damage control.

Whilst there's only a one goal lead the other team will keep believing they can score, and that's what a lot of people aren't seeing from today's match. The comeback Southampton staged was a product of their belief as a newly promoted side, something very few established top-flight teams have when they come to our ground. I think we played very well, but Southampton were worthy competitors on the day with nothing to lose and that's why it was so tough.

For me the 4-2-4 formation is way to open and we lose the effectiveness of Toure who is having to play in the midfield two. But as we don't have a real world class cm to play behind him ( Barry and De Jong combo isn't good enough) we play with him and a dm in the midfielder two. Imo the reason we're after De Rossi is so we can play Rodwell/Barry/Milner/De Jong alongside De Rossi and push Toure up the pitch which give more protection to our back 4.

Hart
Richards Kompany Lescott Clichy

Rodwell De Rossi

Yaya

Silva/Nasri Tevez Aguero

Lescott was never good enuff....there I've said it!...Why can City fans never see beyond their charitable ways?

Dzeko is also not good enuff!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.