Whats wrong with our defence ? 3-2 3-2 3-2

WE do seem to becoming prone to being caught on the break. Our short passing game means that there's an increased chance of passes being intercepted on the edge of the box. Just the place to launch a break out if we've committed too many numbers forward.

ABU inc GDR said:
Can't understand Mancini, we play a 3-5-2 system all through pre-season and last week play a team that tears apart the Champions of Europe.

Today he changes 3 positions, Milner, Kolorov and Dejong! and has to change the system after 10mins as were getting overrun!

Today's performance gives every other club the confidence to take us on, what a disapointment. Ya ya was going mental at the defence cus it was poor!

Maybe that was the plan all along as we normally have to go up against team that park the bus and defend like fuck. If teams are willing to have a go at us it will open them up at the back and make it easier for us to score.

kinkladze96 said:
PANIC..... nothing wrong with our defence. saints had two quality strikes today, when we get back into training it will be sorted. Rodwell looked tentative today tho i believe he will be top class, maybe a confidence boost needed. One game in lets keep some perspective.

Spot on, most teams would of conceded to strikes like that.

alky313 said:
I do remember a quote in which Mancini said "It is better to win 3-2 than 1-0". Anyone have that article?

It's actually true, if at the end of the season the goal difference was equal it goes on goals scored to decide the title IIRC.

Fucking hell.

Here's some problems with your idea that 3 3-2s on the bounce mean absolutely anything at all:

They were spread over nearly six months
One of them was a friendly
One of them was a title winning game against a team fighting relegation
One of them was the first game of a new season.

It is legitimately stupid to draw any trends from two competitive games over an almost six month period.

Damocles said:
Fucking hell.

Here's some problems with your idea that 3 3-2s on the bounce mean absolutely anything at all:

It is legitimately stupid to draw any trends from two competitive games over an almost six month period.

first time i have to disagree with you

sooner or later should have happened anyway ;-)

Mancio said:
Damocles said:
Fucking hell.

You think it's perfectly normal to draw massive trends about a defensive crisis based on the first game of the season against a newly promoted side, the last game of the season where we had to win to win the title and a friendly?

I don't. I don't even think three competitive games in a row are enough to draw any trends from, let alone three completely unconnected games playing completely different formations with an entire summer between them.

Damocles said:
Mancio said:
Damocles said:
Fucking hell.

You think it's perfectly normal to draw massive trends about a defensive crisis based on the first game of the season against a newly promoted side, the last game of the season where we had to win to win the title and a friendly?

I don't. I don't even think three competitive games in a row are enough to draw any trends from, let alone three completely unconnected games playing completely different formations with an entire summer between them.

well... first i dont call comunity shield a friendly , second , there are weakness in our defence and i'm saying it since a couple of years , and when there are weakness eventually come out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.