Whats wrong with our defence ? 3-2 3-2 3-2

For me, the link between central midfield and defense is the reason for conceding goals.

How many times did Southampton for example get in our box yesterday? Too many times for my liking and especially too many times for a champions team!

The Barry and Yaya partnership was crucial to last years success in my opinion, we did not have Yaya for most of the QPR game - they score 2, no Barry for the Chelsea and Southampton game and we concede 2!

I do think however that yesterdays defensive performance was a little shoddy, but I am blaming it on first game nerves/ start of new season.

Plus, I think we should alter the formation, teams need a new surprise as this 4-4-2/ 4-2-3-1 formation we played today and last season is starting to become a little predictable!
I'm not saying get rid of it, but we should try switching between it and the 3-5-2 formation.

I was at the match yesterday, and I can say that the team did well to get anything to get something from that match. The only player on the pitch who even looked like a threat was Nasri. Yes, I know people are going to say it was first game, but I don't think a performance like that is acceptable at any time during the season. Also, I am angry at the way Mancini has decided to suddenly alter a 3-5-2 formation, that a week ago ripped apart the champions of Europe! Why change it I have no idea! Also the link up play betweent Nasri-Yaya-Rodwell-Silva was no where near good enough either. Mancini has got to understand that every match is going to be like a cup final now that we are champions, every team out to beat us, I just hope we buy a few more players to tighten up our defence, or I fear the worst!

ABU inc GDR said:
Lescott was never good enuff....there I've said it!...Why can City fans never see beyond their charitable ways?

Dzeko is also not good enuff!

Let's apply this logic then, based on the one game you're clearly using to make this accusation
Silva: Missed a penalty, can't pass for shit- get rid
Kompany: part of the defence which was all over the place today. He's our captain? Fuck him, Might aswell see what we can flog him for
Hart: let in two goals, what top keeper does that? Get him off the wage bill.
Balotelli: Should have buried that sitter. Didn't score an overhead from the halfway line either. Bye bye.

And don't even get me started on Sergio. The man can't even finish one half of a match! Knew he'd be too lightweight for the prem.

Either that or we can count our blessings, write today off, stop flapping and concentrate on defending OUR title.

I do remember a quote in which Mancini said "It is better to win 3-2 than 1-0". Anyone have that article?

ABU inc GDR said:
Lescott was never good enuff....there I've said it!...Why can City fans never see beyond their charitable ways?

I've just seen your posts talking shit about something else bizarre but this is pathetic. Are you mentally simple to say such daft comments? You need help!

I honestly think we're missing the underrated Barry.
Not only that, we were blooding a new signing as well as using a formation - four at the back - we've not played for a couple of months.
I've no worries whatsoever*. We'll be fine.

* Well, bar an obvious concern for the wonderful Aguero, but that's understandable given how much he has added to our team from day one.
Fingers and toes crossed for you, Kun.

Sparkys-Army said:
ABU inc GDR said:

I've just seen your posts talking shit about something else bizarre but this is pathetic. Are you mentally simple to say such daft comments? You need help!

Its a given with most rags. Everyone that comes across his posts, should ignore it.

Train said:
Sparkys-Army said:
ABU inc GDR said:

Its a given with most rags. Everyone that comes across his posts, should ignore it.

It's funny because he's so transparent. Lescott was wonderful for us for the past 2 seasons. Everyone makes the occasional mistake but Lescott+Kompany were statistically the best defensive duo last season. He's also part of the reason Hart was able to get the golden gloves two years running.

Dzeko was our second-best goalscorer last season with some-number-that's-not-that-many-at-all starts. He's a big lad and he's never gonna move around like a ballerina on the pitch, but he still produces. Just like Yaya has a tendency to fall over, slip, or commit silly fouls because of his size, when he gets running though the opposition is shitting it.

You just need to look at Soton's second goal to understand everything that is wrong with our defense.

During the first 10 seconds of the counterattack, most times you will have 5 or fewer players back in the defense. Yaya and Silva are jogging back slowly and Nasri is probably too far up the field.
So that leaves you with DM + 4 defenders as the best case scenario. Zabaleta and Lescott are not the quickest guys around, so on a quick counter, you will often be left with 3 defenders.

So it seems that we play Barcelona style defense, without the "never lose the ball" offense that Barca plays.

ABU inc GDR said:

You're not smart enough and a complete bellend...there I've said it!...Why can you never see beyond your own intelligence?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.