What's your best Prezzie this Christmas?

Had an issue yesterday, went to pick up my father-in-law 40 mins drive away to bring him to ours for Xmas lunch....no reply to knocking on the door, looked through the window and he was dead in his chair in his boxers. Probably happened Xmas eve morning as he had a hat on due to sun position and neighbours said his curtains weren't shut overnight.

Of course, no key so had fire service breaking in the property followed by the other services. 85 is a decent age and from his position must have gone peacefully, just not what I was expecting on Xmas day.
Jesus, I'm sorry to hear that. Stay strong, blue.

Had an issue yesterday, went to pick up my father-in-law 40 mins drive away to bring him to ours for Xmas lunch....no reply to knocking on the door, looked through the window and he was dead in his chair in his boxers. Probably happened Xmas eve morning as he had a hat on due to sun position and neighbours said his curtains weren't shut overnight.

Of course, no key so had fire service breaking in the property followed by the other services. 85 is a decent age and from his position must have gone peacefully, just not what I was expecting on Xmas day.
Sorry for your loss mate, spent last 3 afternoon's visiting mine in hospital after a fall. 89 and not sure he'll see another Christmas. He's hoping to get out this week and we've promised him I'll do him a Christmas dinner next Sunday and we'll have a beer together

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss mate, spent last 3 afternoon's visiting mine in hospital after a fall. 89 and not sure he'll see another Christmas. He's hoping to get out this week and we've promised him I'll do him a Christmas dinner next Sunday and we'll have a beer together
Take care fella, thoughts with you.

Reactions: ob
I’ve had a few nice presents but the best present I had was spending time with my girls yesterday. Me and my wife split up in February and it’s been a tough time for various reasons, so Christmas was always a worry of mine and I really struggled to get into the Christmas spirit during the build up to it. I was absolutely dreading yesterday because it was our first Christmas apart after 20 or so years but in the end it turned out to be a truly beautiful day. I visited my girls in the morning before any other relatives came so that I could give them their presents with just myself, then later on it got a bit upsetting between my girls, my wife (not divorced yet) and myself because I had to leave to go to my parents. While I was at my parents my wife messaged me to say that when I was leaving my parents to go back to where I was renting, that she and my girls didn’t want me to spend the rest of Christmas Day on my own and said I was welcome to go back to them if I wanted to. I was really surprised and nervous about being asked but I thought why not and I get to spend extra time with my girls on Christmas Day. I got there around 8:30 we all had a beautiful time and it felt like I’d never been away and felt normal and I got back to my rented place around 1am this morning. So that’s the best present I received yesterday because it could’ve gone very pear shaped but thankfully it was wonderful.
Very similar for me. After 22 years, we got married in 2022 and were struggling less than 50 days later. After a lot of heartache for all involved (apart from her it seems), me and my middle one are in our house on our own. The stress of organising Christmas Day was having an affect on all of us (apart from her it seems) and me and the eldest had words. As it transpired, they all went to hers for about 4 hours on Christmas morning and then spent the rest of the day with me. We had a fantastic day. We fucked off traditional Christmas dinner because only two of us eat it anyway and had pizzas, chicken nuggets and chips. Your (ex) missus sounds like a reasonable woman and I'm happy for you. Mine has turned into somebody I don't even recognise and regardless of the impact things have on the kids, she ploughs on and does whatever she wants.

My best present was spending time with them and seeing them actually relaxed after the year they've had and the pressure that has unnecessarily placed onto them.

Very similar for me. After 22 years, we got married in 2022 and were struggling less than 50 days later. After a lot of heartache for all involved (apart from her it seems), me and my middle one are in our house on our own. The stress of organising Christmas Day was having an affect on all of us (apart from her it seems) and me and the eldest had words. As it transpired, they all went to hers for about 4 hours on Christmas morning and then spent the rest of the day with me. We had a fantastic day. We fucked off traditional Christmas dinner because only two of us eat it anyway and had pizzas, chicken nuggets and chips. Your (ex) missus sounds like a reasonable woman and I'm happy for you. Mine has turned into somebody I don't even recognise and regardless of the impact things have on the kids, she ploughs on and does whatever she wants.

My best present was spending time with them and seeing them actually relaxed after the year they've had and the pressure that has unnecessarily placed onto them.
Mate I really feel for you and I’m so happy that you spent a lovely day with your children on Christmas Day and I hope the rest of your Christmas goes well.

Me and Mrs Walker don't buy each other presents anymore, we stopped about 10 years ago, none of us really want anything so it would just be more "stuff".
Kids usually get me socks and jocks type presents so I bought myself a drone for Christmas. Not a big expensive one but a $350 one, it has a decent enough camera that being the main feature for me.
I'm been practising with controlling it in a very quiet park and I'm gonna take it to a secluded beach soon to do some video of the coastline.
I already took this photo at Noosa Heads here in Queensland. I'm still getting used to it though.

1703891746700.jpeg

It wasn't a present I was given or gave to any family but the most joy I felt this year was pretty random. A fella in a shop doorway said he would look after my bike while I went into a shop . He said he needed one more pound to buy a kebab, which made me laugh. I gave him a pound and had a chat for about ten minutes. Ended up giving him another tenner as he was a top lad .

It wasn't a present I was given or gave to any family but the most joy I felt this year was pretty random. A fella in a shop doorway said he would look after my bike while I went into a shop . He said he needed one more pound to buy a kebab, which made me laugh. I gave him a pound and had a chat for about ten minutes. Ended up giving him another tenner as he was a top lad .
I've found the best thing is not to give people like that money, just buy the coffee or food for them. Around here, although they appear grateful, I wonder if it's food they actually want. :)

We have a cafe that has tickets, so that you can buy one and then give out for somebody to go and have themselves a breakfast for instance. A great idea, but I'm sure the tickets are traded for drugs or alcohol.

With temperatures at -20 or more in the winter, you'd think a big breakfast and coffee would be welcome, but unfortunately life isn't so simple and straightforward for some.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.