What's your best Prezzie this Christmas?

Treble winners hoodie & treble winners pin badge . Best presents ever .

I’ve had a few nice presents but the best present I had was spending time with my girls yesterday. Me and my wife split up in February and it’s been a tough time for various reasons, so Christmas was always a worry of mine and I really struggled to get into the Christmas spirit during the build up to it. I was absolutely dreading yesterday because it was our first Christmas apart after 20 or so years but in the end it turned out to be a truly beautiful day. I visited my girls in the morning before any other relatives came so that I could give them their presents with just myself, then later on it got a bit upsetting between my girls, my wife (not divorced yet) and myself because I had to leave to go to my parents. While I was at my parents my wife messaged me to say that when I was leaving my parents to go back to where I was renting, that she and my girls didn’t want me to spend the rest of Christmas Day on my own and said I was welcome to go back to them if I wanted to. I was really surprised and nervous about being asked but I thought why not and I get to spend extra time with my girls on Christmas Day. I got there around 8:30 we all had a beautiful time and it felt like I’d never been away and felt normal and I got back to my rented place around 1am this morning. So that’s the best present I received yesterday because it could’ve gone very pear shaped but thankfully it was wonderful.

Give @Mad Eyed Screamer a shout, he’s got some good recommendations of places to visit in Florida, quite expensive to visit now.

The locals do love the Trumpster, it’s quite different to a lot of other states in the US, they don’t pay income tax as tourists get hammered on all purchases, good place to visit this time of year, have a good un.
We get hammered on everything we buy too though ha ha

Despite not many gifts apart from the odd bottle of whisky/wine today I won 2nd prize in the Professional’s draw at my golf club, Ashton-under-Lyne, £200 Linderberg Jacket, I’m so chuffed beyond belief. Apparently got a big cheer in the clubhouse when my ticket came out, never knew I was so popular! Has made my Christmas, I’m absolutely beaming!

Speyside single malt from M&S.

Then the wife tells me that the security tag was left on it.
She complained and got a £25 gift card by way of an apology.
I reckon that it should have been mine - she’s insisting on keeping it. Bloody cheek!

Had an issue yesterday, went to pick up my father-in-law 40 mins drive away to bring him to ours for Xmas lunch....no reply to knocking on the door, looked through the window and he was dead in his chair in his boxers. Probably happened Xmas eve morning as he had a hat on due to sun position and neighbours said his curtains weren't shut overnight.

Of course, no key so had fire service breaking in the property followed by the other services. 85 is a decent age and from his position must have gone peacefully, just not what I was expecting on Xmas day.
Condolences to your family.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.