what's your pro-Hughes rating?

Rammy Blue said:
Pigeonho said:
Do a list of the clubs Hughes has managed. Do a list of the clubs Mourinho has managed. Compare the 2 lists. SImple reply to a very silly comment.

silly reply to simple comment more like.

why do you think Jose got the jobs he has had?

Jose's a top, top manager but he's also a very clever man - he's picked his jobs at exactly the right times. Chelsea were an emerging force when Arsenal, United and Liverpool were at the top of their games (and have all raised their games since as a result of Chelsea's dominance under Jose) and not only did he join them at an opportune moment but he left them when they were on the slide as well. He's then parked up at Inter when their clearly the dominant Italian side (Juve and Milan haven't really started competing since calciopoli) and won the title easily (and probably will do again this year)

This City job is massively more complicated and harder than his job at Chelsea. Back then he had to compete with United, Arsenal and Liverpool for honours and that's it; Hughes apparently has to compete with Chelsea, United, Arsenal & Liverpool. And that's ignoring Tottenham, Villa & Everton when they've all been a lot closer to competing with the big four for years when we haven't.

Even if we offered him all the money in the world this job would be a gamble for him so I wouldn't talk up how he'd do here because it's by no means a given that he'd come. It'd be a gamble for him - his reputation would be tarnished if he didn't instantly win - and reputation means everything to a man with that ego.

By all means talk up his arrival if we have failed to hit our targets at the end of the season but for Hughes outers to constantly call for Mourinho when we're still within touching distance of our targets is tiresome to say the least.

AlexC83 said:
Rammy Blue said:
silly reply to simple comment more like.

why do you think Jose got the jobs he has had?

Jose's a top, top manager but he's also a very clever man - he's picked his jobs at exactly the right times. Chelsea were an emerging force when Arsenal, United and Liverpool were at the top of their games (and have all raised their games since as a result of Chelsea's dominance under Jose) and not only did he join them at an opportune moment but he left them when they were on the slide as well. He's then parked up at Inter when their clearly the dominant Italian side (Juve and Milan haven't really started competing since calciopoli) and won the title easily (and probably will do again this year)

This City job is massively more complicated and harder than his job at Chelsea. Back then he had to compete with United, Arsenal and Liverpool for honours and that's it; Hughes apparently has to compete with Chelsea, United, Arsenal & Liverpool. And that's ignoring Tottenham, Villa & Everton when they've all been a lot closer to competing with the big four for years when we haven't.

Even if we offered him all the money in the world this job would be a gamble for him so I wouldn't talk up how he'd do here because it's by no means a given that he'd come. It'd be a gamble for him - his reputation would be tarnished if he didn't instantly win - and reputation means everything to a man with that ego.

By all means talk up his arrival if we have failed to hit our targets at the end of the season but for Hughes outers to constantly call for Mourinho when we're still within touching distance of our targets is tiresome to say the least.

Whilst I empathise with your statements above and am more of a Hughes 'Inner' than an 'Outer' I must say that you seem to have ignored his basic point, which was.............

''why do you think Jose got the jobs he has had?''

DTeacher said:
AlexC83 said:

Whilst I empathise with your statements above and am more of a Hughes 'Inner' than an 'Outer' I must say that you seem to have ignored his basic point, which was.............

''why do you think Jose got the jobs he has had?''

I've highlighted my response to this, isn't that enough?!

20%
he was appointed to manage a club that had no money at the time and expected to provide a mid table mediocre team like he was used to doing. wales-qualified for nowt, blackburn-survived year in year out.
then suddenly mega bucks appear and , from what i see, being gentlemen the abu dhabi group give him time and money to prove himself - to me it looks like he's just about getting by week by week.
he doesn't seem to provide any motivation or tactical nous.
get back to blackburn, bolton,wigan clubs like that who are happy with an occasional cup run and a big cheque from sky each year, we've waited long enough this is our time and we should be rocketing forward not hoping or dreaming of a top 6, top5 top4 place .
i want us to be champions i want us to be in the champions league as a matter of routine, and i want it now !

60%, want to see stability but wouldn't shed a tear if he was replaced at any point with a world class manager (fat chance)

PistonBlue said:
50/50

I like the squad he's building. Proven premier league players and plenty of options.

Just not sure he knows what to do with them.
I just think it's more than coincidence that Dunne was 4 times player of the year before he arrived and Richards was still highley rated.I don't know whether it's that he can't motivate/inspire/coach or encourage the squad,but the way we're playing,somethings wrong.

31%

Not good enough for me. Hes signed some world-class players and with the squad we have, we should be doing much better. Lescott and Toure are not bad defenders. There playing bad under Hughes. And does it look like anything has been done to try and resolve the problem. No. Lack of tactical knowledge has been incredibly highlighted in some games this season and if we don't get top 4 this season, he has got to go. If not sooner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.