Whelan escapes FA action.

FantasyIreland said:
Alan Brazil suggested rescinding Kompanys card has now opened the floodgates to this type of challenge.....

Fucking nob.

Exactly mate, its beggers belief how some people can have this view. Kompany made a good solid one footed challenge and won the ball. Where as Wheelan made a two footed stamp with no intention to play the ball IMO on Garcia and people compare the two incidents.

It also makes me laugh how they said Kompany's appeal has set a precedent for these sort of tackles. You cannot compare a tackle where the ball is won and a tackle where a player tries to hurt the opponent. But then again that what the media do FFS they were comparing Hazards farce with the ball boy to Cantona's assault.

cleavers said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I was a corporate guest on Saturday and Whelan was voted man of the match
FFS, if that's true football is f**ked.
F**cked because Whelan was voted MOTM or because GDM was a corporate guest? The problem with football these days is that they'll take anyone in corporate if they've got enough money.

Prestwich_Blue said:
cleavers said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I was a corporate guest on Saturday and Whelan was voted man of the match
FFS, if that's true football is f**ked.
F**cked because Whelan was voted MOTM or because GDM was a corporate guest? The problem with football these days is that they'll take anyone in corporate if they've got enough money.
I agree with this poster.

FantasyIreland said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/fa-cup/9830413/Stokes-Glenn-Whelan-in-the-clear-over-stamp-on-Manchester-City-rival-Javi-Garcia.html

The FA can only take action after games for “off the ball” incidents a

Well, this is news to me. As has been said, the goalposts seem to move each time.

When all said and done its a ban and had it been Balo we'd be talking 6 games and the press jumping up and down all over it.

Mike D said:
When all said and done its a ban and had it been Balo we'd be talking 6 games and the press jumping up and down all over it.
It wouldn't, it would be three games, if it was an off the ball incident (stupid rule!). Mario has done things like that before and never received a six game ban.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.