When a band hits the peak and is caught live on camera

I admire your choice, however, I'd sell family members to slavery, if the they did the same restoration for my coice. The GREATEST live album of all time. "Disc 2" is more valuable than the Holy Grail, imo.

It would be in my top ten.
There was a stack of them I used to listen to in the seventies.

This was Santana's breakthrough and peak all rolled into one. An immense performance live at the Woodstock:

Evil Ways: Had to belt on up @the 2:54.

Soul Sacrifice:
immaculate performance from all but particularly Shrieve who at 20 was the 2nd youngest performer at Woodstock.

I admire your choice, however, I'd sell family members to slavery, if the they did the same restoration for my coice. The GREATEST live album of all time. "Disc 2" is more valuable than the Holy Grail, imo.

Was gonna post similar. Seconds Out caught their live peak imho, but it wasn’t filmed.
But the 1976 concert film (not as long and not the same set), caught them on camera.

This was Santana's breakthrough and peak all rolled into one. An immense performance live at the Woodstock:

Evil Ways: Had to belt on up @the 2:54.

Soul Sacrifice:
immaculate performance from all but particularly Shrieve who at 20 was the 2nd youngest performer at Woodstock.

Passion personified.

There were some incredible performances at the start of the Once Upon a Time tour in 85 (thinking of that special from Rotterdam that was filmed for The Tube tv show), but on balance, their live peak was the Sparkle In The Rain 84 tour.

They played the best arrangements of their songs, still had the energy, and still had Derek Forbes on bass, so on balance I’d go with this filmed show from Dortmund :-)

Certainly not going to argue. Genesis in those early years after Gabriel certainly provided some great songs, but I can’t look beyond the genius of Gabriel as being their peak. I actually think all the music they produced with Hackett is their best stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.