When a band hits the peak and is caught live on camera

Not a band a I’ve never bought an album of hers but remember watching this and being blown away, she just does what she wants with it but it’s all brilliant

Certainly not going to argue. Genesis in those early years after Gabriel certainly provided some great songs, but I can’t look beyond the genius of Gabriel as being their peak. I actually think all the music they produced with Hackett is their best stuff.
Yep, Hackett 72-77, was the peak creatively songwriting-wise, but I do think live 76-77 was a bit extra special, the playing, the urgency, the drama.

But it was all great; the live 73 album was good, and the Lamb show recordings are excellent too, but not filmed as far as I know, so not really for this thread I guess!

I know you asked for caught on camera, but…..
In Rory’s Irish Tour ‘74 you get a great version of ‘Just want a little bit’, but in the movie, they only give you the version of them having a session after a concert, all pissed up and having the craic.
The album version is wonderful rock n roll.

But with a Rory concert particularly at his height during this period, you never got the same thing twice. There are numerous versions on YouTube all different but sadly mostly just audio.

For me this version at ‘My Fathers Place’, Roslyn, NY blows me away every time I hear it.
Totally different to Irish Tour, but knocks it out of the park.
The guy was just infectious high energy rolled into genius.

A mate and I have played this game, sitting around smoking and listening to tunes. We sometimes choose a track each, feeding off each other. We occasionally have the theme where you have to try to show a band at their absolute peak. I remember him choosing this one and I thought he was bang on.

A mate and I have played this game, sitting around smoking and listening to tunes. We sometimes choose a track each, feeding off each other. We occasionally have the theme where you have to try to show a band at their absolute peak. I remember him choosing this one and I thought he was bang on.

Bez looks like he’s lost his maracas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.