When a band hits the peak and is caught live on camera

A mate and I have played this game, sitting around smoking and listening to tunes. We sometimes choose a track each, feeding off each other. We occasionally have the theme where you have to try to show a band at their absolute peak. I remember him choosing this one and I thought he was bang on.

Yep, Hackett 72-77, was the peak creatively songwriting-wise, but I do think live 76-77 was a bit extra special, the playing, the urgency, the drama.

But it was all great; the live 73 album was good, and the Lamb show recordings are excellent too, but not filmed as far as I know, so not really for this thread I guess!
Going to watch Hackett Lamb tour in October, taking my dad who got me into Genesis and my lad who I’ve got into Genesis (his number 1 Spotify group for last 2 years whilst at Uni!!)

This was before them. Notice he danced better too. They were great in the era IMO, just before Paul Oakenfokd and the hits.
Remember fondly seeing them fri night in Widnes, then the roses ally pally sat night, prob only about 400 at the queens hall but what a gig! God knows how but we ended up back stage in the Mondays dressing room eating pizza with them after the gig! a surreal moment for a 19yr old!!

Went to the G-Mex in 88 when ACR and Happy Mondays supported them. Top night, the crowd was brilliant because that place was dire for concerts.
I was there too. Was a big fan of all 3 bands. The Mondays had just started playing “Do it Better” which at the time was titled “E”. I remember vividly we’d only just arrived and were queuing for a pint and you heard the opening chords of Do It Better from the main hall. Guvnors were outside after taking on all comers.

New Order played that venue two years earlier headlining The Festival of the Tenth Summer with The Smiths. That was pretty special too.

Remember fondly seeing them fri night in Widnes, then the roses ally pally sat night, prob only about 400 at the queens hall but what a gig! God knows how but we ended up back stage in the Mondays dressing room eating pizza with them after the gig! a surreal moment for a 19yr old!!
I followed them everywhere that era and always ended up backstage sharing spliffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.