When all is said and done..

Ticket For Schalke said:
too many jumpin on the bandwagon imo.
Yep. We've heard it all before, we've heard it all before.....weee'vveee heard it all before!

I happens every time England go out of a competition. The usual bullshit on Talkshite, the usual 'angry' people on 5Live etc, etc, etc. The only thing missing is Capello on the front page of the Sun done up like a vegetable.

The answer is the same now as it was before, too many overrated footballers, and far, far too many egos. Young players are the way ahead. However, the press won't give the manager any time. Can you imagine the uproar if Capello said we're going to concentrate on 2014, and therefore the next Euro Champs are being used as a training camp for our young talent. Although initially they'd be behind him, he'd get absolutely slaughtered when they didn't beat Switzerland, or Estonia.

Downing
Bent
C cole
Lennon
Walcott
Huddlestone
Dawson
Turner
A Jonno
V moses
Delph
Richards
Danny Rose
Cahill

Someone give these lads a try as a team for once, no point wasting friendly s playing the usual mob.
We have 4 years to make a team out of some of these.
And I bet they would give alot more than them shower of wankers.

des hardi said:
i really dont know how ashley young,gabriel agbonlahor,adam johnson didn t make this wc.... with some of the clowns that went....

Agbonlahor will only ever be a journeyman striker, Bent should have gone though, he has something to prove.

I wouldn't rush into such a mass clear out though, that's knee-jerk. It only takes 4 or 5 new faces to re-energise a team, shake things up. Give some of the experienced players more responsibility (so they can't hide behind the fact that an entire experienced team is under performing) and show them that their places are not assured, rather than just saying they aren't, when it's obvious they are. Put more responsbility on each individual and they can't hide, they have to perform.

Then you have the new element, young, wanting to prove themselves good enough, no fear. Guided by the more experienced guys, create some balance. The squad was all wrong. Relatively experienced, but ultimately journeyman players like Upson, Green, SWP (much as we love him, the last 2 seasons have not been great), Heskey etc should not have been there.

Easy with hindsight though.

TTTCITYBHOY said:
ancoats said:
did anybody see the clip of the first goal when it looked offside
and somebody said you can't be offside from a goal kick
???????????????????????????????????????????????????

i did not know that
just checked it out ancoats,true enough "no offence takes place directly from a goal kick".Never new that either.53 years of age,and i still can't get the offside rule right.Fuk me.

surely that means that a player could effectively twat an opposing player in the face during a goal kick?

I also learnt something new about the offside rule in the england vs. germany game - its offside if a defender accidently flicks on a through ball

TTTCITYBHOY said:
ancoats said:
did anybody see the clip of the first goal when it looked offside
and somebody said you can't be offside from a goal kick
???????????????????????????????????????????????????

i did not know that
just checked it out ancoats,true enough "no offence takes place directly from a goal kick".Never new that either.53 years of age,and i still can't get the offside rule right.Fuk me.

You could be offside from a goal kick once upon a time, I'm sure, but another bit of FIFA tinkering.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
TTTCITYBHOY said:

You could be offside from a goal kick once upon a time, I'm sure, but another bit of FIFA tinkering.

Do you remember the reason for the rule change?

The en-masse stepping up of the back four catching the forward offside.

Arsenal were masters of it under the maestro known as George Graham.

Does this mean anything..

Everyone in our 23 man squad are all based in England.

Where as other top countries alot of the players are based all over the world.

Originals said:
Does this mean anything..

Everyone in our 23 man squad are all based in England.

Where as other top countries alot of the players are based all over the world.

Perhaps no foreign teams would have any of 'em?

Ticket For Schalke said:
boyblue1985 said:
For me anyone who wont play a part in the next WC and anyone who is just there for reasons i cant fathom

I know we not got much youth about, but get them in and start playing them so they get the experience

A.Johnson
Rodwell
Cahill
Hart

All young and hungry talents

Cahill will never be good enough.

What is 'good enough' though?

If he's the best we've got then he has to be good enough... just ecause we invented the game, doesn't mean we'll forever dominate it. Perhaps we have to go through a spell where we're a team with few stars.

I never thought I'd say this but I generally agree with the theme of this thread. Fuck trying to fit in players around these failed world class international flops and start bringing in the youngster properly like the Germans have. And there's no point watching them all fail again in 2012, get rid of all of them now and don't bring them back. I'd rather fail with kids in 2012 that will learn for 2014 than fail in 2012 with players that won't play in 2014

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.