When all is said and done..

Capello saying the players are tired has annoyed me to be honest. A lot of the German players have played more games than us this year, maybe he trained them too hard and had hit a plateau physically. They are professional athletes, they should have rested more if that was the case. Beckenbaur got it spot on and I hate that.

They have a lot of young players who are promising, we concentrated on experience which was our main floor - the Germans have a knack of blending both youth and age to make good teams.

For example: -

Ozíl - 21
Boateng (!) - 21
Müller - 20 -
Tasci - 23
Badstuber - 21
Khedira - 23

The first three looked like good players within the team, we had NO players of that age play during our World Cup. Our youngest player to make an appearance.... Lennon, 23, Milner, 24. I think Lennon made one appearance? I can't remember, clearly had an impact on the game! He's been good all year.

Youth has to be implented in Englands up and coming games, it would be a welcome change imo, hopefully makes us play better football. I was so gutted about how we played. It makes my stance of CLUB before country even stronger, England frustrate me so much.

Joe Hart should be given a shot in net, AJ on the left, Lennon and Walcott should be used (although his end product has to improve, its the reason he didn't get picked in the first place - no more talk from him, he has to just work on final product). Ryan Shawcross could be given a shot, Terry has shown big areas of weakness (although his bravery is unquestionned). Huddlestone has shown he's good on the ball, and can play a central role. Micah Ricards (obviously needs to be improve) can be used as a centre back/right back, Leighton Baines.. the list goes on. Long way to go before we win something or for that matter progress into the quarters/semis. Rodwell too, looks like a brilliant young player. Nearly forgot him then! Everton have got a top player in him imo.

Ticket For Schalke said:
Cahill will never be good enough.

boyblue1985 said:
What is 'good enough' though?

Perhaps he means that he'll never have the positional sense of Matthew Upson, who appeared to be marking Ashley Cole when Germany scored their second.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.