When all is said and done..

jay_mcfc said:
I never thought I'd say this but I generally agree with the theme of this thread. Fuck trying to fit in players around these failed world class international flops and start bringing in the youngster properly like the Germans have. And there's no point watching them all fail again in 2012, get rid of all of them now and don't bring them back. I'd rather fail with kids in 2012 that will learn for 2014 than fail in 2012 with players that won't play in 2014

Should I take that as a compliment? Was my OP of high enough value then ;-)

fbloke said:

Haha it wasn't a reaction to anyone's personal opinion. I generally just think the best players are the best players and should play every game. Not anymore, these players have been to and failed in too many tournaments. Get the younger players in and see what they can do.

jay_mcfc said:
fbloke said:

Haha it wasn't a reaction to anyone's personal opinion. I generally just think the best players are the best players and should play every game. Not anymore, these players have been to and failed in too many tournaments. Get the younger players in and see what they can do.

Just pulling your leg ;-)

Its a simple truth that the players we all have in mind are simply not good enough.

End of.

If they had any shred of decency in them they would accept that and walk away, give others a try.

But they are so pampered and live in a world of false praise they dont get it.

And I hate John Terry, just in case people had missed that point as well.

boyblue1985 said:
For me anyone who wont play a part in the next WC and anyone who is just there for reasons i cant fathom

I know we not got much youth about, but get them in and start playing them so they get the experience

A.Johnson
Rodwell
Cahill
Hart

All young and hungry talents
their faces don,t fit, that is the big question?

fbloke said:
Originals said:
Does this mean anything..

Everyone in our 23 man squad are all based in England.

Where as other top countries alot of the players are based all over the world.

Perhaps no foreign teams would have any of 'em?

Proves that we just over rated our players.

I do wonder if any other countries do the same.

Originals said:
fbloke said:

None of the Germans play out of their domestic league, I think only Fabregas and Reina play out of their domestic league for Spain, and the Italians are pretty similar, so it's not uncommon.

The youngsters are worse.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/29/england-under-21s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... -under-21s</a>

They got pasted off Germany 4-0 and were well outplayed.

Originals said:
fbloke said:

Proves to me that there's just a lack of English players. Barely any outside English football, but when you look in the Premier League, the teams are full of foreigners too. There's no real depth.

I think that's because of the emphasis on physical attributes/work rate. The number of players coming through who are skillfull enough to play at International level, or in other more technical leagues, is just really low.

Ticket For Schalke said:
too many jumpin on the bandwagon imo.

Probably true.

But on the other hand, how many games does Lampard have to play for England before he has proven beyond any doubt that he can't play for England? Do we have to wait until he's 40?

I have been saying for 5 years at least that the guy cannot play in the same team as Gerrard and on the rare occassions when he hasn't (due to injury) we have been a far better team. (Somewhat ironically, Lampard had probably his best game ever for England on Sunday. Still very poor, but not quite as manure as he usually is.)

Other players haven't been so consistently crap for quite so long, they are newly crap. For example when you saw Glen Johnson's efforts on Sunday especially, surely he can't be allowed to pull an England shirt on again for a very long time, if ever. The guy was DIABOLICAL. Green at least only had 1 howler before he was dropped. Johnson had one every time he touched the ball.

I could go on, but I will leave it there. Many of the players were just not up to it and need to be dropped.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.