When Boris met Dave.

To be honest, I imagine in a one on one situation Hitler was a decent bloke and a good laugh and I'm sure Cameron would ok too in small doses but I would never trust a tory and that's just the way I am and the way I was raised. I'm a working class northern lad and as such my politics can only be to the left. It's just nature, a black guy will likely never vote BNP, a Jewish guy will never really want to know a Nazi and a working class northerner will never want to play with the enemy.

I can't remember who said it, possibly Marx but to paraphrase whoever it was 'I hate a man who respects his executioner'.

Peace[/quote]

Hello Quinny. I am sure that there are good and bad in all the parties. my point was that some of the posters in this thread just gave knee jerk reactions and that's not good enough when we are in the shit mainly caused by a PM with the best of intentions who just screwed up. at least you acknowledge that you are influenced by your upbringing. The perception of the tories in the south is not the same as in the north and perhaps a big part of that is the media influence. - who knows

scrap ID cards, reduce government interference in the nhs, treat adults like adults and children like children. Return powers from the EU back to britain, make state schools more competitive, it all sound pretty sensible to me.

Ronnie the Rep said:
Hello Quinny. I am sure that there are good and bad in all the parties. my point was that some of the posters in this thread just gave knee jerk reactions and that's not good enough when we are in the shit mainly caused by a PM with the best of intentions who just screwed up. at least you acknowledge that you are influenced by your upbringing. The perception of the tories in the south is not the same as in the north and perhaps a big part of that is the media influence. - who knows

I've no doubt the media do play their part, I'd never claim they haven't subconsciously affected me, I'm quite sure they have. I think in the old school people had Political parties like they had a football team and you stuck by that party through thick and thin even when they weren't really representative of the party you initially began supporting.

I'm firmly of the belief that a Tory government is a huge step back, New Labour weren't perfect but then they did have 20 years of Tory rule to try to undo. I don't think much would be different now had we spent 1997-present under Tory rule but that says more about New Labours ineptitude than it does of anything else.

My real problem is that, as a person on the left, when it comes to elections I have no one to vote for. The Tories are right wing, Labour are slightly right wing, Lib Dems are pointless, Green Party are ok but not going to speak to the people and obviously BNP are a no go.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Ronnie the Rep said:

I've no doubt the media do play their part, I'd never claim they haven't subconsciously affected me, I'm quite sure they have. I think in the old school people had Political parties like they had a football team and you stuck by that party through thick and thin even when they weren't really representative of the party you initially began supporting.

I'm firmly of the belief that a Tory government is a huge step back, New Labour weren't perfect but then they did have 20 years of Tory rule to try to undo. I don't think much would be different now had we spent 1997-present under Tory rule but that says more about New Labours ineptitude than it does of anything else.

My real problem is that, as a person on the left, when it comes to elections I have no one to vote for. The Tories are right wing, Labour are slightly right wing, Lib Dems are pointless, Green Party are ok but not going to speak to the people and obviously BNP are a no go.

If you can't find a party that represents your views why not offer yourself as an independent candidate? If your views are attractive to enough then you will have the chance to put them into action. If no one votes for you it will show that your views are out of step with the society in which you live. It's the beauty of democracy.

Ronnie the Rep said:
And how on earth are all Tories evil? Because your Dad told you they were?

No. Because I grew up under Thatcherism so I saw it at first hand. My father was a Tory back then but even now, he's changed his colours after what she and her spineless cronies did to this country. I spent all my formative years having raging slanging matches with my dad every day about her, and her politics. He's getting old now and has taken it all back.

Gelsons Dad said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

If you can't find a party that represents your views why not offer yourself as an independent candidate? If your views are attractive to enough then you will have the chance to put them into action. If no one votes for you it will show that your views are out of step with the society in which you live. It's the beauty of democracy.

Because I'm realistic enough to know that most people wouldn't go for me due to my extremist views on many things. Most people just want to get their heads down and plough through life which is fair enough but it breeds a dog eat dog world which we have now.

Also a friend of mines dad left Labour around the time of the New Labour selling all the council houses saga. He set up his own local party with sound and sensible left wing policies. I helped canvass for him, although I was only very young at the time, and in the end he got less votes than the BNP and it all seemed a bit pointless.

I'll always lend my support to anyone trying to change things for the better but ultimately I'm aware my policies would at best give me a cult following of 200 mad hippies and maybe 100 decent people but no more.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Gelsons Dad said:

Because I'm realistic enough to know that most people wouldn't go for me due to my extremist views on many things. Most people just want to get their heads down and plough through life which is fair enough but it breeds a dog eat dog world which we have now.

Also a friend of mines dad left Labour around the time of the New Labour selling all the council houses saga. He set up his own local party with sound and sensible left wing policies. I helped canvass for him, although I was only very young at the time, and in the end he got less votes than the BNP and it all seemed a bit pointless.

I'll always lend my support to anyone trying to change things for the better but ultimately I'm aware my policies would at best give me a cult following of 200 mad hippies and maybe 100 decent people but no more.

I'm warming to you already. Sadly I choose not to vote whilst I don't live in the UK but if I do ever come back you can count on me.. er.. at least listening for a bit.

Gelsons Dad said:
scrap ID cards, (1)reduce government interference in the nhs, treat adults like adults and children like children. (2)Return powers from the EU back to britain, make (3)state schools more competitive, it all sound pretty sensible to me.

1.Privatisation

2. Economic suicide. Who destroyed all the industries that made britain self sufficiant...? Oh yes. it was the tories!!!!

3. Privatisation again!!!

Gelsons Dad said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

I'm warming to you already. Sadly I choose not to vote whilst I don't live in the UK but if I do ever come back you can count on me.. er.. at least listening for a bit.

I wouldn't encourage me, I could easily end up the new Charles Manson ;)

Can't afford to stand as an inependent anymore. Your "working man" has been priced out of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.