When did it all start to go wrong?

de niro said:
i have never gone to any game as comfortable or as confindent with pellers at the helm as opposed to mancini. i know thats not the right thing to say on here but its the truth.

Its the tinkering. Pellers didn't or doesn't have the balls to play his best eleven week in, week out. I have never rated him. I think he got very lucky with the squad he inherited. The players had fallen out with Mancini and they would have played for anyone apart from Mancini at the time.
Now we should be seeing what the manager is made of, but we get the same old shite dished out every week. Its frightening thats its been allowed to go on for so long.

It all started to go wrong right after we won the premiership last May.

This bunch of players and their manager thought they were invincible and only had to merely turn up to win games. Yes there was a World Cup but the alarm bells started ringing in that abject Community Shield display against the Arse. I think however we only started to realise what was beginning to happen at home to Stoke.

The day Cook sent that email.That let the Spanish duo get rid of Bobby.Never been the same since.
Cook and Mancini were brilliant together.

bennyboy said:
The day Cook sent that email.That let the Spanish duo get rid of Bobby.Never been the same since.

Completely agree.

bennyboy said:

Nostalgia used to be considered a kind of mental illness, and for very good reasons it tends to distort the past, it glosses over or in some cases obliterates the bad things

Some on have bought into the prevailing blame culture, there is a problem therefore someone is responsible for it, rather than there is a problem how do we fix it? You don't fix it by yearning for some idealistic vision of the past

Oh great. More Mancini revisionist history. He acts like a dick to the players, owners and executives yet he's the reincarnation of Mercer, Shankly & Busby in one body. I'm sorry but it doesn't wash. It was even de niro, revisionist-in-chief, who told me the final straw came when even Silva & Zabaleta went to complain about him and threatened to leave. In some ways I'm sorry that he didn't get another season then some of you would have been under no illusions.

I think I'll start a thread in The Cellar about how Hitler wasn't such a bad guy after all and the Jews only had themselves to blame.

Anyway, for me it was the second half in Moscow. We were doing OK , not great but OK, up till then but it all fell apart after that.

Prestwich_Blue said:
In some ways I'm sorry that he didn't get another season then some of you would have been under no illusions.

The thought sends a shiver down my spine. Could've set the project back 5 years.

The appointment of the Spanish duo. And before anyone tells me how great we are commercially, stop to think about how many other top class commercial directors there are and how much money has been spent on business development.

Gelsons Dad said:
The appointment of the Spanish duo. And before anyone tells me how great we are commercially, stop to think about how many other top class commercial directors there are and how much money has been spent on business development.

I can see straw men are being built, we need to blame someone has the tea lady been mentioned yet?

Prestwich_Blue said:
Oh great. More Mancini revisionist history. He acts like a dick to the players, owners and executives yet he's the reincarnation of Mercer, Shankly & Busby in one body. I'm sorry but it doesn't wash. It was even de niro, revisionist-in-chief, who told me the final straw came when even Silva & Zabaleta went to complain about him and threatened to leave. In some ways I'm sorry that he didn't get another season then some of you would have been under no illusions.

I think I'll start a thread in The Cellar about how Hitler wasn't such a bad guy after all and the Jews only had themselves to blame.

Anyway, for me it was the second half in Moscow. We were doing OK , not great but OK, up till then but it all fell apart after that.
Yeah because Hitler/Mancini are on the same level.
I'm not sure if it's escaped your attention but those same players who Mancini was being a dick to have ended up,letting us down badly because they've had it too easy for too long.
So you go on your little rants when people look back on his tenure fondly, it won't change anything, the majority of fans are still going to remember the man who instilled a winning mentality in a positive light. We all know now what happened behind the scenes, most of us accept it was an untenable position he left himself in, but don't think trying to castigate him further will make any of us think any worse of him because this year has shown us he was probably correct to act the way he did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.