When did you start following City?

Speaking on behalf of United fans I think we realized we were not entitled when Sir Jim became a shareholder and stared to sensibly put us in our place.

We sensibly now follow City but hope to overtake you in the near future.

1970 City v West Ham 1-5, wonder goal from Ronnie Boyce. Always thought it was Jimmy Greaves until I was much older. 6 yrs old, can't remember a thing about the day, my dad took me. He was a utd fan first but went to both pre Munich. Munich broke his heart so he only went to the odd game after. Took me to utd first, apparently, but it was always City for me (mum and Grandad influence)

I’m from Edinburgh - my Grandad was based near Manchester in the RAF in his youth, and when he had time off he would go to the football and decided to follow City as they were centrally based.

Many many years later he took me down to Maine Road - and I was obsessed, the atmosphere alone was incredible. I was only 12 at the time but remember it vividly.

We ended up losing 2-3 to Ipswich - with Wanchope and Howey being our goalscorers.

My Grandad sadly didn’t get to see 2012 - but I’m sure he’s cheering from up above.

Thanks Grandad x

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.