When did you start following City?

Following seems such a modern word It makes it feel superficial like Gender in 2024, you have a choice. You fucking don't DNA trumps your feelings every time.

I was young
I'd been to Platt Lane a few times with my dad and brother...The football didn't interest me...The burger i got(and smelled) was exactly the same as the ones served at the traveling fairs. My adult mind knows that the smells of the fair were synonymous with having fun, going to City was fun...it fucking wasn't!...Because just has some silly bastard had paid a million pound for Trevor Francis City self imploded. My first game was Trevor Francis home debut...how we knew back then that one day we would be on top :)

1997. I live in the USA and my dad got this huge satélite dish. Back then, unless it was the World Cup, there was no football to watch. The dish allowed me to watch Premier league and I chose City. Didn’t want to go for a popular team since that is what I saw. We had some rough seasons but look at us now!!

Born in 1960 first game at about 6 or 7 years old, Maynes bus from Denton, wooden seat in Platt lane. Cried when we scored, I seemed to remember the keeper Harry Dowd who on occasion dribbled the ball out the area up the pitch. We went numerous times all the way through the Mercer and Allison days. Went to the 76 final, saw Tueart do his overhead kick, the week after the kids at school were trying to emulate him. Still going now, except now with my grown up kids
Come on city

1964, I was 9, before the Mercer/ Allison days. Pisses me off that people assume I support City because they are the best team in the World, I was a fan when they were the worst team in Lancashire, but I hung in there.

Went to Bert Trautmann s testimonial 1964 with my dad and older brother
But had been to a couple of games before that
First game was Cardiff home in 63 or 64
Still a home and away supporter and was at Chelsea yesterday
CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.