When did you start following City?

Never had a choice from birth due to my Dad, despite living in Devon. First season I can remember properly is 01-02. First game was a friendly away at Tranmere in 2002 which we won 7-1 (I've looked plenty of times for info on this but can't seem to find much!) - it was Eric Nixon's testimonial. First league game was the 3-0 win over Sunderland at Maine Road in which Marc Vivien-Foe scored the last City goal there. God we've been treated since.

You must be an old git like myself then,us oldies have to stick together :)
born in 19- 42 went to st marks school west gorton, used to go every other week to watch the last bit of the match, when the gates opened, , remember the bloke who had a flag or a banner, walked up and down shouting " your all doomed " used to be known as a god botherer, had a laugh with him every match, " your doomed<" never mind that are we going to win " we used to say to him. p.s. i am worse NOW , than when we were shite,!

Around 1979 for me . All my family ( dad uncles cousins ) supported other halve . But the next door neighbour and his son (same age as me at time 8 ) had spare season ticket in north stand that I used to use . That’s it I was a blue . Made sure my brothers became blues and now my son nephews niece . Got me 1st season ticket around 1983 and been going ever since south stand level 3

Late 1950s. City related anecdotes in my Autobiography "Trains, Planes and Computers" and sometimes on Bluemoon.

City v Southampton FA Cup match in 2007.

Was about 16/17 at the time but none of my family were into football growing up. This was my first live football match I’d ever been to and that was that.

Didn’t we go 1-0 down and then come back to win 3-1? I’ve not Googled that. Pure memory.

can i ask, for non manchester fans, why did you start supporting city, and of couse when

I think I’ve answered this already but I went with a friend back in 1998 as I wanted to see Maine Road. I was a huge Oasis fan and they’d played iconic gigs there. We beat Blackpool 3-0 and I was hooked. Been some journey since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.