When did you start following City?

1967. At school in Wales but Mum’s family came from Longsight. First game was Boxing Day 1968 v Everton. Lost 3-1 and young Joe Royle scored two of their goals. Forgave him years later…

1977....was only 4 but my Dad took me to Maine Road and I loved it..even though my as yet undiagnosed eye problems meant all I saw was a light blue blur playing on a bright green blur. Just love the smell, the noise and the bovril and wagon wheels combos.

Annoyingly my dad stopped going between 1978 and 1980 as he was upset about Colin Bell not playing (still is !! not allowed to mention Martin Buchan in our house). He was also livid about Gary Owen, Peter Barnes and Dave Watson being allowed to go and he had developed an unhealthy dislike of the Futcher brothers!!

He got his mojo back when John Bond replaced Malcolm and we went loads that season, and then I got my first season ticket the season after.

You wasn't far off mate.
My dad was a staunch red and he used to take me when I was 6, I had no choice pal lol
Until I got older and could make my own mind up plus all the cool kids on the estate was city fans.
were you the exception to the rule like me ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.