When did you start following City?

Following world cup in 66. First Wembley in 69. Never seen anything like this team but great memories of the late 60s and 70s. Both eras a joy to watch.

My first game was a drab 0-0 draw with Reading in Oct’97. Sat in the North Stand, block R and stayed there till we moved ground.

Been hooked ever since :-)

Would have been about 1970. I was at primary school in Southampton and other kids supported the rags, so me being me, I had to do the opposite.

I recall I very much liked the badge.

1952 when I was five. We’d moved to Manchester from Harrogate and someone asked me if I supported City or united. Knew what the first word meant, didn’t understand the second. Replied City and have been a Blue ever since.

as i have no connections with manchester at all, most of my family is from doncaster and harrogate/leeds area, i first started to go watch city at 14 years old, but liked them when in 2nd year of high school, my first game was either bolton away 3rd round of league cup 1971 when we lost 3-0 or sheff utd away drew 3-3. But when did non manchester people start following city, and i think i could be classed as a glory hunter as i was a fan when we won league cup in 1970

I might start following City tomorrow, as long as they beat United

Harry Godwin took me to Maine road early 80’s to meet the players. My old man was never into football in fact he despised it!

I’ve been in love with them ever since.

Back in the mid 90’s, many U.S. newspapers began sporadically including the league table in the sports section. To an American like myself, many of the team names seemed quite exotic. Web and TV coverage also began to expand and piqued my interest. I decided to pick a side to follow. Obviously, the Rags were on top of the world so that was not an option. In a somewhat contrarian reaction, I decided on City in 2000 following their promotion to the EPL. That summer, my parents went to England for vacation, and I asked my mother to buy me a City shirt which she did in London. Whenever I think about it from time to time it still makes me chuckle to myself. There was simply no reason why a middle-aged American mother would buy a City shirt at that time. The shopkeeper must have thought she was having a stroke or something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.