When did you start following City?

1977/almost no media coverage. An hour of a featured game a week later on public television. Paddy Feeney on the BBC World Service. Live second half commentary of a featured match thecthe classified football results.

How far we have come.

First visit to Maine Road, early September 1982 City 1 Stoke 0.

I am a bandwagon supporter, having started following City when we hammered the rags 5-1 at Maine Road in 89.

as i have no connections with manchester at all, most of my family is from doncaster and harrogate/leeds area, i first started to go watch city at 14 years old, but liked them when in 2nd year of high school, my first game was either bolton away 3rd round of league cup 1971 when we lost 3-0 or sheff utd away drew 3-3. But when did non manchester people start following city, and i think i could be classed as a glory hunter as i was a fan when we won league cup in 1970
My first match was about 1956 I lived in Wythenshawe at the time went with a lad who lived across the road John Roberts. City played Sunderland and Don Revie played for them. We were 11 years old and went to a few away games one of them was Burnley we were at the front just to the side of the goal Burnleys centre forward Ray Pointer was tackled by I think it was Bill Leavers and hit the wall with his head we thought he was dead but after a few minutes he was back on. John went on to get signed by City youth team but was injured which ended his career.

Since 1976…After trip round Maine Road with my primary school Temple School. Went round changing rooms & shook Big Joe Corrigan’s hand.

First match January’76
Home v West Ham we won 3-0

August 1988. Went into InterSport on Princes St (Edinburgh) with my birthday cash and wanted a top, I chose a cracking sky blue number on sale which allowed me to get a new ball too. Started keeping an eye on the team and a love affair ensued.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.