When did you start following City?

1964 Dad took me he had been going since 1924 when his uncle took him, no proof of it but as far as we know he was following City from the start a Scotsman who along with my grandad had come down from Dumfries for work

There was simply no reason why a middle-aged American mother would buy a City shirt at that time. The shopkeeper must have thought she was having a stroke or something.
I’m a middle aged American mother and I always buy City jerseys (knockoffs) for birthday presents for my 10 yos friends (who like “soccer”). At this point, I think my son and his friends have the whole starting XI covered!

Born in 1963, I grew up and learnt to read whilst looking at my Grandfather’s City football programmes from the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s.
I lived and grew up in Stretford.
My first game was Chelsea at home in March 1972, a one nil win in front of over 53000, my 3 Uncles took me and we stood on the Kippax by the tunnel next to the away fans, a place I would stand until its demolition.
Still a season ticket holder (52 years this year) sitting in block 220. My first cost me £5!
I can now die a happy man

1986, born into a family of rags and was left to fend for myself as the last of the bunch so was always giving shit to my elder siblings n when we went on that glorious run to the youth cup final I was dyed in blue from there on in as I could take the bus to the games by myself.

Born 78 first football I remember as a kid was 1985 the fa cup final , my old man was a red, rest of family blues. First game 1985 Spurs at home, won 2 1 and we played in Black and Red Phillips away kit at home due to Spurs kit clash.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.