When Dunne stepped up...

I actually switched on GMR briefly in the time between the end of extra time and penalties, and even Fred Eyre commented that one player he wouldn't really want to see take a penalty was Richard Dunne.

Obviously none of these doubts were in his mind.

Fair play to him. Spot the ball take a run up and thump the ball as hard as you like. If the keeper gets his hand to it and keeps it out its a wonder save but what a top peno I hope John Terry was taking notes on how to score from the spot.

I've got to be honest, I was bricking it when every single one went up.

But when I saw Dunne step up my chin dropped to the floor. Good on him though.........interesting he should be taking one before Caceido, that tells me everything

Marvin said:
A great penalty.

Really pleased for him, the rest of the players, and all the fans that travelled.

I hope the phase of Dunnie bashing is over now.

I think he has been getting back to "usual Dunne" since mid January and putting the bad start of the season behind him.

cathkin said:
I had every confidence in the big man.........Honest! I didn't think Elano looked too confident before his though.

I agree, Garrido looked scared when they finished the huddle before the pens, glad it didn't go far enough for him to have to have a go.

Our Missers Ball, Johnson, Vassell were not playing, only Dunne was who missed for us before, but once SWP scored it was our day

i was shouting at the tv and i havent swore that many times in 10 seconds before in my life! then he smashed his pen through the gap between the keeper's hands and head and the loudest yessssssss was then shouted at the tv!

cathkin said:
I had every confidence in the big man.........Honest! I didn't think Elano looked too confident before his though.

elano just doesnt miss penalties! id put my house on him scoring a penalty every single time he steps up to take one!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.