When is Pep going to get the recognition he deserves?

History is repeating itself.

He is this age's Alexander the Great. He's conquered the lands and even the continents and built an empire.. yet he'll always be hated by the natives and admired only by those who want to copy his tactics for themselves.

And just like the Greeks.. they weren't exactly in love with him either. C'mon admit it.. a lot of clowns still want Mancini back.

When is he going to get the recognition he deserves as being the best manager and influencer of modern football this game has ever seen.
sadly only when he leaves, like great players aguero kompany silva yaya , till they leave their brilliance is totally ignored , how may manager of the month awards has pep won ( never mind manager of the year ) , how many player of the month has debruyne won ?, scandalously few yet hes been just about the best player in the world over the last 4 years

Who gives a fuck. We know he's the GOAT and that's all that matters

sadly only when he leaves, like great players aguero kompany silva yaya , till they leave their brilliance is totally ignored , how may manager of the month awards has pep won ( never mind manager of the year ) , how many player of the month has debruyne won ?, scandalously few yet hes been just about the best player in the world over the last 4 years
That is what I see. None of our rivals, fans, pundits, commentators, have any problems now in praising Aguero. At the time though they couldn't bring themselves to accept how good he was. Same with all of our players and of course the club and manager.

The hacks try to sell the premier league as competitive, which (to be fair) of all the biggest leagues it is the most competitive, but, it still goes through regular periods of dominance for particular teams.

Presently, we are that team.

When you consider the media are in it for money, they will naturally gravitate to where the money is.
Backing the red tops gives them greater engagement with this money supply (people). So, they push these teams.

I don't believe any of what I have said above can be disputed by anyone; not the hacks, the fans, the league, or us blues.

Keeping the illusion of a competitive league for their money source gets harder as their competitiveness dwindles. Then money dries up.

Big problem.

So, the solution is one of two options.

Lob all in with the new kid on the block and alienate their money for a short period, or double down on telling their money source they are great still and only look shite cos the other team is cheating.

We know which one they have gone for.

In order for this con to work they then must convince the money source that the reasons why the team winning stuff is winning stuff has nothing to do with the talent of players, manager, and owners.
Money and money and more money, and cheating and lots more cheating.

Lauding anyone too much from City brings this castle of sand crashing down.

The good news is that we know Pep is brilliant, and they know it also.
Even better is we know they know we know they know Pepis brilliant.

Once the legal shit is out of the way we will see a shift in narrative about Pep. I just hope he stays a few more years to bask in the universal admiration he so fully deserves.
They will be a shift to once the 115 is put to bed, however this is about money and fanbase. The real shift could be a decade or two off when there is a sizeable generational change in the city:rags:dippers:gooners fanbase ratio. Of course for that to happen we will need to maintain our trajectory which means holding onto our owners as well as Pep or getting our change of manager right.

When is he going to get the recognition he deserves as being the best manager and influencer of modern football this game has ever seen.
He already does. He has been getting that recognition for well over a decade.

Have you seen or read:

Pep (Sky Sports)
‘Fasten Your Seatbelts’: Pep Guardiola Documnetary
(City?)
All or Nothing: Manchester City (Prime)
Take the Ball Pass the Ball: Making the Greatest Team in the World (Prime)
The Pep Effect
(City)
Pep Guardiola: Chasing Perfection (BBC)
Together: Treble Winners (Netflix)

Pep Guardiola: Another Way of Winning (Guillem Balagué)
Pep Guardiola: The Evolution (Marti Perarnau)
Pep Confidential (Marti Perarnau)
Pep's City: The Making of a Superteam (Pol Ballús)
Mastering the Premier League: The Tactical Concepts behind Pep Guardiola's Manchester City (Lee Scott)
The Barcelona Legacy: Guardiola, Mourinho and the Fight For Football's Soul (Jonathan Wilson)
Pep Guardiola Attacking Tactics: Tactical Analysis and Sessions from Manchester City's 4-3-3 (Athanasios Terzis)
The Pep Revolution: Inside Guardiola’s Manchester City (Marti Perarnau)
Pep Guardiola: Mastermind of Modern Football (Yahia Belkherouf)
Barça: The Making of the Greatest Team in the World (Graham Hunter)

I can’t imagine any manager or player has had more documentaries and books about them than Pep.

City, yes, definitely, because of the barrage of spin about money spent and even more so now the charges. But Pep for me gets lauded and is mainly isolated from that. He is recognised as the very definition of the word “game changer”, not least because he’s done it at three clubs and never failed. You’ll always get the odd bellend looking to be controversial.

Yeah, he does get lauded but there are plenty of bellends.

I think it was somewhat tongue-in-cheek but I noticed that Martin Samuel mentioned yesterday that he agreed Michel Platini who said the Euros were disappointing “because too many managers tried to ape the modern game’s guru, who has convinced his peers that all goalkeepers should pass out from the back like sweepers.” MS was of course referring to keepers messing up at the weekend.

That reminds me, against Ipswich, Ederson seemed to be taking even more advanced passing positions: more than once he was positioned outside the area like a full back.

Yeah, he does get lauded but there are plenty of bellends.

I think it was somewhat tongue-in-cheek but I noticed that Martin Samuel mentioned yesterday that he agreed Michel Platini who said the Euros were disappointing “because too many managers tried to ape the modern game’s guru, who has convinced his peers that all goalkeepers should pass out from the back like sweepers.” MS was of course referring to keepers messing up at the weekend.

That reminds me, against Ipswich, Ederson seemed to be taking even more advanced passing positions: more than once he was positioned outside the area like a full back.
Definitely not relevant to the thread but I’ve always believed that playing out from the back is only a sensible tactic if you are the better of the two teams.

With regard to your last point I think we are on the way to Pep’s final masterstroke: the goalkeeper stepping into midfield when we have the ball!

For the people who don't give him that credit already.. never. Too many idiots who will say oh he's only coached at the biggest clubs! The fact that the people who are the absolute best at what they do don't usually slum it at a place that is well below their level doesn't mean anything to them for some reason.

The CEO of a Fortune 500 company isn't going to take over the corner store but that somehow doesn't get through to them.

Definitely not relevant to the thread but I’ve always believed that playing out from the back is only a sensible tactic if you are the better of the two teams.

With regard to your last point I think we are on the way to Pep’s final masterstroke: the goalkeeper stepping into midfield when we have the ball!
Holland in the 70s. Goalkeeper Jongbloed dribbled into midfield regularly, well at least once that I remember.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.