When Is The Club Going To Stop Selling Tickets In The Home End To Away Fans?

How do you stop it tho?

All you need is £35 to become a match day Cityzen or whatever it’s called, then you can purchase tickets in the home end

Away fans in the home end has happened as long as I can remember & I’ve done it myself, so I think you’re pissing in the wind complaining about this mate
Going in the home end is only a problem if you behave like a dickhead. I have been to hundreds of away games in the home sections across the world to watch City. It is sometimes the only way to get tickets for the smaller grounds.

This will always happen, (and not just at City) but is sometimes more noticeable than others, depending on the importance of the fixture.

United had a huge problem when they played Galatasaray last season, and Celtic in previous years. In fact there will be students, (who support different clubs) at tonight's game, whilst regular City fans can't be arsed. Subsequently, they get a City membership.

I've been in the home end at Hamburg, United, Liverpool. Leeds, Villa, Sheffield Wednesday, and Everton, and never once encountered any hassle. That's because I'm not stupid enough to react when City score.

The club is only interested in maximising profits. They aren’t bothered who’s sat in front of you or behind you. As long as that seat isn’t empty they don’t care.

Soriano, Danny Wilson & Co.

Or is it all about growing match day revenue no matter who the home tickets are sold to, via any means available?

There are plenty of posts in the atmosphere thread about Arsenal fans in the City ends today and trouble breaking out.

There will be an extra 8000 tickets to sell in the future. 8000 more reasons to sell tickets to anyone in the home ends, including away fans.

Sort out this on-going problem of away fans getting tickets in the home end before somebody gets seriously hurt.

One example.

M23 Citizen - Atmosphere thread.

Well there was a big fight in the Family Stand late on today, so it’s clearly not a good idea.

Also nearly kicked off in 104, about five Arsenal fans sat together all jumped up when they scored their first and lads were going over from both 103 and 105 to have it with them.

even easier if you buy them through a 3rd party ticket site

I've sat in the home end at Liverpool, Everton, Bolton, Blackburn, Preston and never had any mither as you have to be sensible
So have i .... i've been in the home ends at Old Trafford, Aston Villa, Arsenal, Spurs, Coventry, Sheffield Wednesday, and a few more over the years, and never had any bother ..... you just have to adapt to your surroundings/circumstances, and don't do anything stupid .... you might not be able to scream and shout, or cheer a goal should City score, but at least you'll have gotten to see the game!

City have enough fans, new and old, to sell every match ticket via the OS. Manchester City Football Club doesn't need to sell match day seats to and via 3rd party ticket touting websites or other hospitality websites where away fans can get hold of tickets in the home end.
First off, you've no idea how this person got their ticket. I've been in enough meetings with the club where we've had discussions about selling tickets and they've flatly denied selling tickets on third-party sites other than their official travel partners. Of course that in itself represents a risk, but people also sell their tickets privately, or on social media, which the club has no control over. Also someone with a membership can legitimately buy a ticket, and we have people all over the world with memberships. How do you police that?

I know that with Liverpool games, the club initially implemented a points restriction but some got round that by buying cheap tickets, for games like tonight, and getting the points that way. As a result there was a minimum 5 game attendance restriction the next season. But people will still find ways round that.

Many of us have sat in home areas at away games over the years. The trick is not to act like a dickhead, but that would be hard for most Arsenal fans.

Last edited:
City have enough fans, new and old, to sell every match ticket via the OS. Manchester City Football Club doesn't need to sell match day seats to and via 3rd party ticket touting websites or other hospitality websites where away fans can get hold of tickets in the home end.
You're assuming that everyone with a City Membership and buying history is actually a City fan
That simply isn't true.

My brother in law is a Crystal Palace fan and attends some of our games.
There's also a regular German poster on this Forum who attended Manchester University and even travelled to our 4-1 victory at Oxford in 96-97. However City will always be his 2nd English team as he actually supports Arsenal.

Both have a buying history but don't support City

Chaps strolling about the concourse Madrid gear last season unbothered, a couple of seasons back there were a full block of Madrid fans in the Colin Bell stand with stewards guarding them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.