When Lampard's loan ends aren't we a CM short?

Cobwebcat

Team supported
Manchester City
Now Bruno has gone on loan for the whole season, rather than 6 months, and Lampard goes in January....aren't we a player short with Pelle's idea of two quality players per position?

I have reservations that Huws is anywhere close to ready to play for the best team in England. I may be wrong, but it's an enormous step up from Championship.

I'm holding out hope that Yaya will follow the trend of international retirement before January. Will Lampard's exit and Yaya's AFCON stint overlap? I think we'd be okay if we could keep Yaya away from Africa, unless one of our big three gets injured.

We could dip into the loan market except we'd again have the problem of no free foreign spots and the English players are not good enough unless we take a plunge on someone like Ward-Prowse (that would have to be a purchase not a loan though).

And no manager seems to trust Milner as a CM...

LoveCity said:
I have reservations that Huws is anywhere close to ready to play for the best team in England. I may be wrong, but it's an enormous step up from Championship.

I'm holding out hope that Yaya will follow the trend of international retirement before January. Will Lampard's exit and Yaya's AFCON stint overlap? I think we'd be okay if we could keep Yaya away from Africa, unless one of our big three gets injured.

We could dip into the loan market except we'd again have the problem of no free foreign spots and the English players are not good enough unless we take a plunge on someone like Ward-Prowse (that would have to be a purchase not a loan though).

And rightly so

My thoughts are that the club already have an idea that Yaya will announce his retirement

Who knows we may even dip into the market in January if neccessary, I don't like January signings as players are ineligible for CL but perhaps they have an eye on Barkley

Yaya, Fernandinho and Fernando with Nasri, Milner and possibly Huws as back-up is enough for me.

LoveCity said:

this is the reason why IMO we should have kept zuculini...I think he seemed decent enough to play with either of the Ferns and do a job in cups and against lower sides in case of emergency

I'm taking it that Bruno was a season long then and not six month? I would of figured we would assess both him and Huws come Jan.

Central midfield is my worry this season if we get 1 or 2 injuries/suspensions after Frank leaves and Yaya goes on his jollies to ACON.
I know we have to juggle with our overseas allocation but would have thought Zuci could have been hauled back in January if necessary. We do not want to be fighting fires again like last season when the Mangala / Fernando deal did not happen in January.
The rest of the squad positions we are well covered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.