When Lampard's loan ends aren't we a CM short?

Daz_Blue said:
Dextersmate said:
jared said:
How about bidding for wellbeck while we are at it? Young and English. Nice replacement for negredo.

No don,t want Sergio pushed down the pecking order.

And if MDM leaves next Summer .....Phil Jones ?

That would be fantastic. Can't wait to go on the OS and see a picture of him and chappy making their "i just smelt someone's arse" face.

Yep,thanks for the info LC.
City Watch ‏@City_Watch · 7m7 minutes ago
The Express has an "exclusive" claiming that Lampard has already signed an agreement to extend his City stay until the end of the season.

Hope not, it completely undermines NYCFC if he does stay and we really should be looking for a longer term solution. He's there marquee player, if he doesn't start there when their season starts then it's a terrible way of starting the team.

BigOscar said:
Hope not, it completely undermines NYCFC if he does stay and we really should be looking for a longer term solution. He's there marquee player, if he doesn't start there when their season starts then it's a terrible way of starting the team.

I like the idea of a 'sister' club,and i see what youre saying........however,if Lampard staying here benefits us,which I obviously believe it will.......then what happens across the Atlantic matters not to me.

Frank Lampard has agreed a deal to stay with Manchester City or the rest of the season on a staggering £190,000-per-week contract, according to reports from The Express.

The Chelsea hero – the Blues’ highest ever goal scorer – left the London club over the summer on a free transfer before signing a lucrative contract to join MLS side New York City FC.

But with the Stateside outfit not due to commence their competitive existence until the start of the next North American season, he has been shipped back to the Sky Blues – who part own the Big Apple team – to maintain his fitness.

WANT MORE? >> Manchester City transfer news | Latest transfer news

Despite being 36, ‘Lamps’ has been in impressive form for City already, with a late equaliser against his old side Chelsea the highlight of his time at the Etihad Stadium so far.

And with City set to lose Yaya Toure for the African Cup of Nations in the New Year, Manuel Pellegrini’s side have pushed to extend the midfielder’s loan spell.

Lampard will now stay with City until the end of the season before jetting off to New York to play out the MLS season – which will not start until Spring 2015 – with the likes of David Villa for his new team.

The reigning Premier League champions will pay his £190,000-per-week wages for the duration of his stay

There's no way we ae paying him that are we? For a bit part squad player to come on for the last few minutes of games? I find that hard to believe.

BigOscar said:
There's no way we ae paying him that are we? For a bit part squad player to come on for the last few minutes of games? I find that hard to believe.

Oscar...I've copied the report on the other Bluemoon forum but he signed a 35% pay increase from his last salary at Chelsea (which was 150k a week) to move to NYC and we now picking up his salary until May...looks like the reported 190k a week is going to be close to the true amount....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.