When Silva returns

Even though we won against Spurs and Swansea it was obvious to me that we need Silva in there to break the press that teams try to put on us. Aside from his attacking role what Silva does well is help bring the ball up from the back playing triangles with Yaya and Ferd. We might be a litter better counter attacking with Navas, but for me Silva should be in every game especially against sides who will try and flood the midfield and press us up high because when we can't break it we give away the ball and put pressure on our defenders. Silva and Nasri for me.

Our most balanced front 6 is the one that started last night for me.

However there is a case that the increased quality with Silva included makes up for the loss in balance.

It's most definitely a trade off though, and it also depends heavily on the opposition.

Agree with Danamy's model of our "best XI" bur certain fixtures present certain problems and occasional small changes to the starting lineup should be made.
Management of the timing and personnel used in substitutions is also very important so that Best XI probably will rarely get past 65 mins without a tactical change to influence the current game or to plan for the next.

dctid said:
Dont think Nasri and Silva quite works - for me one of the other

Don't think Pellegrini agrees. I read somewhere that he wants them to regularly play close together in games to make the most of their interplay.

Whether Pelle disagrees with you or not, I do (disagree).

the question is how will MP manage them all when Jovetic is fit? Hate to say it but the way its going we don't need Jojo!

mansour's tow ropes said:
the question is how will MP manage them all when Jovetic is fit? Hate to say it but the way its going we don't need Jojo!
Ssshhhh!
Don't tempt fate.
Aguero/Negredo have had a good run with injuries....so far!

OB1 said:
dctid said:
Dont think Nasri and Silva quite works - for me one of the other

Don't think Pellegrini agrees. I read somewhere that he wants them to regularly play close together in games to make the most of their interplay.

Whether Pelle disagrees with you or not, I do (disagree).

Nasri and Silva works as they are both superb players and our best team (attacking at least) is with both of them in it. Don't help the media start working on the negatives.Navas is a very good option when one of them isn't available and I am sure Jovetic would be as well. Milner being the next choice.

All good options but it does seem that Pellegrini would go for both Nasri and Silva together when available.

It's simple - Silva in for Navas. I don't buy the idea that Silva and Nasri can't play together. I'm of the opposite opinion... they will fucking rip teams apart. We won the league with them playing together. The problem was Nasri's issues with the French national team affecting his form, making some people believe we have our own "Gerrard and Lampard" conundrum. We don't. They are on the same wavelength. The same wavelength as Yaya, Aguero and Negredo. As long as Zaba can keep fit and keep bombing down that right flank to provide width, we'll be fine. And bringing on Navas in the 2nd half will terrify opposition left backs.

Tricky_Trev said:
It's simple - Silva in for Navas. I don't buy the idea that Silva and Nasri can't play together. I'm of the opposite opinion... they will fucking rip teams apart. We won the league with them playing together. The problem was Nasri's issues with the French national team affecting his form, making some people believe we have our own "Gerrard and Lampard" conundrum. We don't. They are on the same wavelength. The same wavelength as Yaya, Aguero and Negredo. As long as Zaba can keep fit and keep bombing down that right flank to provide width, we'll be fine. And bringing on Navas in the 2nd half will terrify opposition left backs.

Boom! This for me x a lot of numbers.

Lucky Toma said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Boom! This for me x a lot of numbers.

Silva for Navas doesn't work for me because we get the best out of Nasri when he plays more centrally, and the Nasri/Silva interplay is better when they play closer together (not on opposite sides of the pitch). Also, Navas is a cracking player imo, who's starting to deliver. He gives us pace and he provides natural width.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.