When we were crap....your favourite matches

Few obvious ones I won't mention but Newcastle away in League cup around Christmas in about 94 was great. Won 2 0 and they had a good team at the time.

Was going to be our year. Palace away in next round. Tough but winnable... ahem...

Last edited:
I was convinced that would be the turning point in us staying up that season, but then we only took two points from the next four games :(

Yeah me too - actually thought that Bradbury looked a decent striker that day and that we were on our way - oh well

My first ever game we beat Blackpool 3-0, fell in love with City that day.

98 or 99 I think

My memory is shit on dates(plus I'm pissed), but early 90's, was stood at bus stop aged 14 or 15, giving wanker signs to some Leeds couches as they passed. One stopped and 5 meatheads got off and surrounded us, asked if we knew the way to main road, we said yes, they said "get on". So saved 12p on bus fair, them singing songs, us quiet as a mouse. Was worried about getting off at the ground incase blues saw us getting off a Leeds couch. As we got off, I shouted back, "we're gonna do you 4 nil again" then legged it, we'd beat them that score the year before. Stood on the Kippax in our usual spot, about 10 yards in front on the main singing section and watched us win 4-0.

Few obvious ones I won't mention but Newcastle away in League cup around Christmas in about 94 was great. Won 2 0 and they had a good team at the time.

Was going to be our year. Palace away in next round. Tough but winnable... ahem...
Remember watching the highlights of this on tv here in Ireland. Think Paul Walsh scored, then Newcastle battered us for rest of the match then Rosler scored from on the break near the end! Was gutted when we got hammered at palace I honestly thought we were gonna win it

Beating Liverpool 1-0 at Maine Road on Boxing Day 1985. It was my first ever game. They battered us for 90 minutes but we nicked the points thanks to a Clive Wilson goal.
This was first up for me when I saw this thread.. we were absolutely under the cosh all game but ran out 1-0 winners against one of the greatest sides ever.. one of the old guys who we used to see regularly on the Kippax at that time turned to us and said 'You know, if we lose to this lot it's a privilege to watch them'. And it was true, that team Dalglish assembled was a deadly, well-oiled unit..

But then I also thought of the '62 game versus Spurs at home when we battered the best team in England 6-2, with Peter Dobing scoring a hat-trick. However, that day I was transfixed by John White playing midfield for Spurs, a glorious player. And also, in the Autumn of that same year, the 3-2 win against the Red Filth at OT, when Alex Harley scored the winner at the death, with my Old Man saying to me 'Look at Bert!' as Trautmann did somersaults on the edge of the box to celebrate Harley's winner..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.