When we were crap....your favourite matches

Few obvious ones I won't mention but Newcastle away in League cup around Christmas in about 94 was great. Won 2 0 and they had a good team at the time.

Was going to be our year. Palace away in next round. Tough but winnable... ahem...
What a night - both matches. Drawing at Maine Rd versus Newcastle then doing the business away, defensively brilliant, two gaols on the break; we stopped in Darlington on way up at working men's club. Palace, Jesus, genuinely thought we were in with a shout. Routed 4-0, got back at 5am after someone nicked the hot food trolley from the services. Coach stopped on M6, police knew someone from our lot had been up to no good but the tidal wave of cannabis-infused smoke told them nobody was in a rush to, er, "cough".

Here you go, extremely random but one of my favourite away days, Kinky was unplayable <3

MEN report (that I still have in my garage) "The Oxford fans stood and simply applauded. They had never seen the like (of Kinkladze) and might never again". Got the special train that day.

Reactions: TFC
Depends on what you mean by crap.... we have been crap.... and then we've been really crap

2-1 loss at Port Vale in 98, not because of the game, but the half-time entertainment that was a game between two teams of amputees on crutches. As they were going off and the teams were coming back on the field for the second half everyone was screaming “Bring ‘em back! Bring ‘em back!!”

Got arrested that night, ran on pitch when Flitcroft had his 1st goal disallowed. Thought he'd scored, piled on to celebrate and got hauled out and spent night in cells. Fined £80. The magistrate was less than impressed with my plea bargain: "At least we didn't cost you the league".

2-1 loss at Port Vale in 98, not because of the game, but the half-time entertainment that was a game between two teams of amputees on crutches. As they were going off and the teams were coming back on the field for the second half everyone was screaming “Bring ‘em back! Bring ‘em back!!”
Joe Royle realised that day that he'd inherited a crock of shit. We went 1 up then capitulated. He got fearful abuse from the fans down the side of the pitch that day (me included, to my shame.)

And blues singing "are you city in disguise"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.