When we were crap....your favourite matches

Maybe

But where had they been all season
it's always the way mate at the time i'd been to 95% of games that season home & away and always stood in the uncovered corner between the Kippax & North Stand in near enough the same place with the same faces, for that game it was hard to see the people I'd normally 'nod' to.

it's always the way mate at the time i'd been to 95% of games that season home & away and always stood in the uncovered corner between the Kippax & North Stand in near enough the same place with the same faces, for that game it was hard to see the people I'd normally 'nod' to.

Yes me too
Home and away that season as per the other seasons
It took 3 times as long to get back home
Finally getting to The Pub
And then even longer getting out of the pub,lol

Funny how games from the past stick in your head. One thats always stuck in mine is from the early 90's. We beat Spurs 2-1 after being 1 down for most of the game. They had Gazza, Linekar, Paul Stewart etc and we had a decent side as well. My abiding memory is the atmosphere and even though i was only 14/15 i think, it was absolute bedlam on the kippax. Happy times.

A really random one that has always stuck in my mind as it was the last game my farther saw for a while before his bypass operation .

City 2 Shrewsbury 2

Although the short clips doesn't show it I remember the keeper having a Joe Hart v Dortmund game for them I think he was called Green and ended up playing for our reserves at some stage.

A really random one that has always stuck in my mind as it was the last game my farther saw for a while before his bypass operation .

City 2 Shrewsbury 2

Although the short clips doesn't show it I remember the keeper having a Joe Hart v Dortmund game for them I think he was called Green and ended up playing for our reserves at some stage.

Remember that game too; in particular as I was sat in the Main Stand right at the North Stand end so followed the trajectory of Hinchcliffe’s corner perfectly. There was a hell of a lot of curve in it. I reckon Shrewsbury can’t have brought more than 300 to that game. They were stuck above the tunnel in the corner between the Kippax and the Platt Lane. The crowd that day overall has to be one of the lowest since the early 60’s.

Remember that game too; in particular as I was sat in the Main Stand right at the North Stand end so followed the trajectory of Hinchcliffe’s corner perfectly. There was a hell of a lot of curve in it. I reckon Shrewsbury can’t have brought more than 300 to that game. They were stuck above the tunnel in the corner between the Kippax and the Platt Lane. The crowd that day overall has to be one of the lowest since the early 60’s.
Yeah bleak times and a world away from what the club is like now.

Imagine someone doing a proper mini series on City from when Joe/Malcolm came to the end of last season...Star Wars would be more believable.

Winning at Bradford after no away win for 2yrs. City fans doing the conga at the trian station. It was a night match mid week.

Great goal from Paul Stewart at the end.

I'd been to loads of those 30+ games without a win but missed this one FFS. Was absolutely gutted.

We won at Wolves in league cup (Gidman scored) around same time, not sure which was first of the two

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.