When we were kids....

Snake belts, scrapeings from the chippy, three star jumpers, 60 sec's (headers or volleys). When greggs used to be called Prices, we found out what time the workers at the depot in clayton had thier brew on the night shift and we were over the wall from the cut..i held the record for vanilla slice eating (23).

Anyone remember the park copper in the motorised dingy on debdale resers, fuckin hell he took it all very serious, he was adamandtheants we were'nt having a dip, we used to get under the jetty where the barrells had created an air lock and he used to circle like he was in some yank road movie, we got sick of hiding and had him in eventually, hoisting the dingy and doing laps of the reser with him sat there looking like blackey off on the bus's

The trackers name somebody enquired about was highly likely because ash oval tracks for bikes were dotted around manchester and so mimmicking the speedway required the bike to suit. The yank variant in cali were called klunkers (downhill stoned out of thier box)

Scaletric, train sets,leg warmers,over jeans gloves with fingers cut out music systems on your shoulders head banging on street corners the alpine/corona man anyone remember the candy floss van every time I mention this to people they don't recall it rag and bone men

Scaletric, train sets,leg warmers,over jeans gloves with fingers cut out music systems on your shoulders head banging on street corners the alpine/corona man anyone remember the candy floss van every time I mention this to people they don't recall it rag and bone men
ah the alpine man, bottles of delicious glowing American cream soda , dandelion and burp dock and orangeade , and only 1,000,000 e numbers ,not surprised we used to play out all day and night

My next door neighbour talks like that. Great lad, huge Barnsley fan, he goes home and away and he used to go to England home and away too. When we moved in and started talking, the topic turned to football and when I told him I was a City fan he asked if I knew Daft Donald. I asked how the fuck did he know Daft Donald and he said he used to see him at England games.
Bloody hell stony thats a blast from the past.Way back in the 60/70-`s he would always travel on the match day trains to away games and everyone knew him.Hell of a character.

Putting the small red bangers on a ramp and letting them off.collecting all the unused gunpowder out of them and dropping a match on it to make a smoking genie
I remebr us playing an absolute stupid game around Bonfire Night.Lighting a banger put holding it until the last second and then throwing it to watch it explode into mid air.Unfortunately on one occasion one went off in my hand and my fingers were burnt like fuck.Didn`t dare tell my Mum,otherwise I`d have been grounded but I don`t know how I kept it a secret without her finding out as I was in agony for a few days.

Head knee toe. Keepy ups using your feet , then your knees and then your head.
Kick ball can. Kicking a ball at a can from different angles and distances.
Lying on garage roofs looking at the stars. Did that for ages. Stars seemed brighter years ago.
Going for walks. We went for these big walks down country lanes and miles and miles. Hours on end.

When you look back to them days compared to today we had fun no money but fun my daughter if she's not got school just stays in her bedroom on her phone times have certainly changed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.