When we were kids....

A Johnny Seven. Now that was a proper toy

Ice on the windows *inside* the house

Rip raps and bangers and bengal matches

Making a "radio" that consisted of a metal tin with a bee in it

Kids are fatter and more unhealthy these days, Allergic to alsorts, gender non specific FFS...........gay by the time they're 12. (You got battered fair and simple if you even combed your hair in the 70's), they never seem to do anything. They just dont get out and enjoy the simple things.

You've got to be Pan now mate. Gay is old school.

Being able to leave my house after breakfast when school was out, hop on my bicycle and find my neighbourhood mates. We'd be out nearly all day without a worry.

We built a "BMX" track in an empty lot next to one guy's house. Cleared the grass and weeds, built burms and jumps, even made a pit which we filled with water to jump over.

It was great. A simpler time I suppose. I'm 43. We/our parents weren't worried about paedos grabbing us. There may have been one or two "fat" kids in the neighbourhood but they'd probably be average by today's standards from I've seen from the modern soft youth.

Being able to leave my house after breakfast when school was out, hop on my bicycle and find my neighbourhood mates. We'd be out nearly all day without a worry.

We built a "BMX" track in an empty lot next to one guy's house. Cleared the grass and weeds, built burms and jumps, even made a pit which we filled with water to jump over.

It was great. A simpler time I suppose. I'm 43. We/our parents weren't worried about paedos grabbing us. There may have been one or two "fat" kids in the neighbourhood but they'd probably be average by today's standards from I've seen from the modern soft youth.
There is an irony to that. Those were the days when our parents and us should have been worried about paedos grabbing us, more so than these days. The dirty fuckers use far more sophisticated tactics these days like this online grooming stuff or befriending kids on silly smartphone apps.

Used to have a pet tortoise we kept loosing ,so my dad had a great idea of drilling a hole in its shell and putting a key split ring through it and connecting it to another split ring on the washing line with thin rope.
You just yanked on the rope and the tortoise would appear usually out of the strawberry patch
A mate of mine in Burnage had a tortoise which he painted blue with City in white lettering. The problem was he used gloss, the poor little cherub looked great. For about a week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.