When / why did you become a City fan?

My dad hated football so didn't get it from him, my friends were split evenly half were City half were Rags so there is no reason I became a blue it just happened. I started to follow City around 83/84 went to my first game in 85 and was hooked knew it was right for me and never looked back thankfully

First game was Bolton in 1995, and went to a lot of games that year (which we got relegated from PL). Got a season ticket the year after and have had one consecutively since.

Started supporting city when I was about 8 back in 2000. Round here (south east England) everyone supports either man utd, Chelsea or Liverpool and I wanted to be different so randomly chose city.

Watched the city United game where beckham scored a free kick and remember being gutted for the blue team and ever since then I decided to support them

First game was an away defeat to Chelsea 5 0 in 2003. Was crying my eyes out in the ground. After the game I waited by the coach and Shaun goater came over signed my programme and ruffled my hair. I also got autographs from a few others. Still have the programme framed.

Have been hooked ever since, now have a 7 year old who is absolutely city mad as well as a 2 year old who will follow suit. We all have season tickets and we just love the city as much as the football team.

Although i have no family connection to Manchester I really do feel like it’s my second home.
Far from my first game , but I was at that game. We were battered from minute 1.

My memory of that game was Zola, absolutely brilliant.

At the time would have never thought we would have our own Zola in David Silva.

If “when” is the first time you went to see City “on your own” (without parental or carer oversight) the my “when” was August 1962 at Maine Road vs newly promoted LiVARpool and City were relegated- and so it began !!!!!

My earliest memory is the Cup Finals of 55 and 56 .

What a privilege to have seen the last ten years

Come on City

My first game was Charlton 5-1 promotion game 1985, first I went to on my own was Villa away 95/96 I think when we won 1-0 but went down next game v Liverpool under Alan Ball

My dad's a United fan, my mum's a City fan. When I was old enough to start being taken to football, they agreed to keep it local and force neither team on me, so I went to a bunch of Stockport County games first. Then United won the treble in 1999 and my dad took me to the parade, so my family presumed that was that.

But my uncle and cousin on my mum's side weren't having it. Not that I knew what was going on, but I ended up getting caught up in the celebrations of the Gillingham game a week after United's treble parade. Then my uncle came back from Wembley with a City flag and that was that.

Went to my first City game at Maine Road about 6 months later, became a season ticket holder in 2003 when we moved to Eastlands, and the rest is history.

When I was about six or seven, my brother, a year older than me, chose United. That sealed it for me. Hobson's choice - City. We didn't have a TV, and one of my earliest memories was aged eight, reading a headline "A Tale of Two Cities", the day after the 1969 FA Cup final.

City trained in Wythenshawe Park at the time, so we used to go watch them. It was brilliant. Colin Bell was supremely fit. Lee and Corrigan used to come last in the long run.

My first game was against West Ham, in the early seventies. I think we won 3-1, but can't swear to it. Clive Best played. Our neighbour took me with his lads. He uses to write Coronation Street. One of his lads is now a judge, and still a City fan.

For me watching the 1969 FA Cup final vs Leicester on our new colour telly when I was 8.....My Dad wasn't that much in to football so we had to choose a team for ourselves. A couple of years later he bought us both season tickets and we sat in the North Stand for many years afterwards. I can still hear that bloody bell!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.