When / why did you become a City fan?

Dad took me to the odd game at Maine road in late 90s early 2000s, wasn't really into football in all honesty, got more into it once we moved to the CoMS, got my first season ticket in about 2005 and so on so fourth

No romance story about how I was in awe of the players or crowd and hooked from the first minute. Just a dad taking his 2 sons to the footy and the rest is history

As a kid growing up in South Wales in the late 60`s early 70`s , i was surrounded by family who supported either Leeds or Liverpool and a father who was Cardiff through and through . Didn`t fancy any of them so as my two favourite goal keepers at the time were Peter Bonetti and Pat Jennings it was going to be either Chelsea or Spurs . . Preferred the Chelsea blue kit to Spurs white so Chelsea it was . Moved up to Macclesfield in 73 at the age of 10 . Shortly after my sister met who was to be my future B-in L Neil . A blue through and through . In the October of 74 he took me to my first City match . A 2-1 victory over Arsenal . Sat on the wooden benches in the corner between the Platt Lane and Main Stand . Gutted when Dennis got carried off in i think the second half . The rest is history . Our Kid as i called him passed away in the December of 2022 aged 72 . First person i thought of when we won the Champions League in June . Gutted me he didn`t live long enough to see us win that trophy .

My Dad never knew his Dad. When he was around 5, my Gran gave her twin sons a shirt each for Christmas, one City, one United. She didn’t know which shirt was in which parcel, it was pot luck.

My dad got the City shirt and so 27 years later when he had me, I had no choice, I was born blue.

He started taking me to games around 7/8 years old in the 04/05 season. Favourite player was Wright-Phillips obviously, cried when he left.

Born blue, nothing else was an option. My grandad was a blue and my mum has had a season ticket since 1979. Thankfully my dad wasn't the football influence or I'd have ended being a Stockport County fan.

My mum took me to Maine Road when I was about 9 years old and I caught the bug straight away. Finally got a season ticket in 2000 in the Kippax and have been there ever since.

Since then we've won the league, we've won the cup, we've been to Europe too.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.