Where are the dinosuars

I read the thread title and came here to say that in their death throes they amassed into a sticky black puddle and conspired to get City thrown out of Europe.
How Uefasaurus has defied extinction is beyond me.

Last edited:
With my first pay packet back in the very early 60's, I went to Shude Hill market looking to buy a single record to start a collection. All morning, I couldn't decide between to songs I'd heard on the radio. Both by Bobby Darin "Things" or "Jailor Bring Me Water. I decided on "Things", I think it cost me around 6 bob (I big chunk out of my £4.50 wage).
Got home and played it on my dad's Dansette. Flipped it on to the "B" side and guess what...
If you played it backwards there was a message from the devil himself telling you to go out and kill??

That's something I would say Karen but they have been around 25 years! I have no idea if there are many new bands that have come along, I'm stuck in the old days
That’s the thing. There are no big new bands anymore because the music industry has changed.

You have to search out good music. It isn’t just a case of turning on the radio or television and hearing it like it was for the previous 60 years because they don’t play it.

Also new bands know they aren’t making music for the masses anymore so don’t need the big cheesy tunes. They’re playing much better music, more technical, more experimental, longer than the usual 4 minute radio tunes, less sing-a-long cheese and more of an underground sound.

I made a point in the “What are you listening to........” thread the other day. Tame Impala was making the best new guitar music around between 2008-2012 but nobody was really listening to it. He saw an opportunity to make it big and make money and he changed his musical style to synth pop and is now pretty much the biggest act on any festival lists these days.

Guitar music has become underground.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s the thing. There are no big new bands anymore because the music industry has changed.

You have to search out good music. It isn’t just a case of turning on the radio or television and hearing it like it was for the previous 60 years because they don’t play it.

Also new bands know they aren’t making music for the masses anymore so don’t need the big cheesy tunes. They’re playing much better music, more technical, more experimental, longer than the usual 4 minute radio tunes, less sing-a-long cheese and more of an underground sound.

I made a point in the “What are you listening to........” thread the other day. Tame Impala was making the best new guitar music around between 2008-2012 but nobody was really listening to it. He saw an opportunity to make it big and make money and he changed his musical style to synth pop and is now pretty much the biggest act on any festival lists these days.

Guitar music has become underground.
I'm gonna give the tame Impala a listen mate, I'm so behind the times. I see what you're getting at, I'm getting way too lazy to search out new shit, music has changed an awful lot

Turn the radio off, turn the music tele channels off, and do a few months search for good music. It’s all out there, it’s as good as ever, it’s just not mainstream at all anymore. The radio doesn’t play it, the music tele channels don’t play it, record companies don’t even sign a lot of them up, but it is out there.

Take this, for example. I went to see these guys at Night&Day a few years ago. They never got signed to a record company and are no longer together, yet made this track a few years ago:

If this level of music goes unsigned and consigns bands to the dustbin, imagine how good some other stuff that does make it is...

Tune this mate!!

Man who hasn't listened to a new album since the mid-90s: "They don't make any good music any more."

I've been exclusively listening to albums from 2019. There was some great stuff. Off the top of my head, Michael Kiwanuka, Weyes Blood, Sleaford Mods, FKA Twigs, Hot Chip, Alex G, Fontaines DC, Cate Le Bon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.