Where did this season go so wrong?

jay_mcfc

For me it was those final few minutes in Madrid. We were on the verge of doing something special but messed it up. Our subsequent fall in the CL has heaped the pressure on Mancini and we haven't recovered since.

After that it was West Ham away for me. It was the first real time I have been worried about us in a couple of years. We got beat off United the week after I think, then were poor over Christmas despite a couple of late victories and now we are playing like a shadow of ourselves from last season.

In truth we haven't been on any kind of run of form all season but Madrid and West Ham away were big games imo.

Champions League group drained us (Utd's was such an easy group) and put us behind Utd from the outset, and then RVP's deflected free-kick gave them another boost. From then on we've been chasing them.

Forwards not clicked all season either

Marvin said:
Champions League group drained us (Utd's was such an easy group) and put us behind Utd from the outset, and then RVP's deflected free-kick gave them another boost. From then on we've been chasing them.

Forwards not clicked all season either

No it didn't. There are no more excuses for this season. The CL was months ago, we have never recovered from it. That lies squarely at the door of the boss.

It was set to fail from the start. The horrible summer transfer window made things a helluva lot more difficult than it had to be. We didn't get one of Mancini's top tier of needed players. He saw the weaknesses and tried to address them with no help from the board. That's life though.

Aguero getting injured on the opening day really clipped our wings. I think we were going to be relying on him and Tevez doing the damage as a duo, and being the starting front 2 for the season. As a result we chopped and changed a lot, and couldn't get various combinations clicking as well as we hoped. Aguero was also rushed back too early, I feel personally.

The charity shield performance gave me optimism.

A week later, Southampton at home gave me a realisation that maybe this season wasn't going to be quite as good as I thought. Outplayed by the dippers a week later and then hanging on against QPR.
I thought we would get better and we got some decent results for a while and i thought once we click we will be fine. However we struggled to beat both Swansea and reading at home.

The rags game was a killer though. Battled back and had won the war even with a point. That goal was a disaster. Having said that we won 6/7 after that game so I thought we had a chance again.

Qpr pissed on my chips. Awful result, Liverpool 2nd best again and then the shambles that was yesterday.

For me it went wrong before a ball was kicked when we didn't sign anyone to improve us.

Disappointing especially with the CL debacle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.