Where did this season go so wrong?

Firstly the transfer window, needed to strengthen and didn't happen!

Secondly, goals, we haven't been scoring them like last year, possibly less chances have been created for them to put away, but the link up between our forwards has been nothing near the quality of last year!

Eight minutes into the opening fixture and Aguero went off. It many sound melodramatic, but it was the first in a long line of debilitating injuries that have hampered us throughout the season. Compared with last season- save for suspensions and self-imposed exile- when we escaped unscathed, this term we have consistently had 3-4 players unavailable on a weekly basis.

Ducado said:
But if we finish 2nd has it gone wrong? What if we win the FA cup? Get a grip we won't win it every year I don't think some of us understand this

Where did I say we should win it every year? United have been relentless and even if we had had a good season we might still have lost.

But we haven't had a good season. In fact we've been poor and we are going backwards at a rapid rate. We are the champions and we are surrendering our title without so much as a fight.

As for the transfer window, admittedly we needed another player or two of higher quality but this is still the same squad that were champions last season. A much bigger factor for me was changing from 4-2-3-1 and the necessity to play with two strikers week in and week out.

Ducado said:
But if we finish 2nd has it gone wrong? What if we win the FA cup? Get a grip we won't win it every year I don't think some of us understand this
Out of the title race in mid february, knocked out in the league cup at the first hurdle and then the shambolic European performances. We wont win the league every year but the performances bar the odd game just haven't been good enough. So far its been a disastrous season but I can see it being a very exciting summer.

jamielowndes said:
I think we as a fanbase have become spoiled and greedy. We've lost 3 games all season in the league. The CL really sucked, but this "meltdown" is nowhere near what its hyped to be by the press.
Yesterday was about numerous players not giving a shit about the club they play for, having a bad game is one thing, not putting effort and desire in is another, yesterday was a disgrace. Southampton out played us, out fought us, out tackled us, out ran us.

Transfer window I think.

Signs were last season we needed a shake up and we didn't do one. I think the second half of last season we really dropped off. That is until Tevez came back and did a little shake up.

Gabriel said:
Eight minutes into the opening fixture and Aguero went off. It many sound melodramatic, but it was the first in a long line of debilitating injuries that have hampered us throughout the season. Compared with last season- save for suspensions and self-imposed exile- when we escaped unscathed, this term we have consistently had 3-4 players unavailable on a weekly basis.

Yes , that hadn't escaped my notice ...

things haven't really run for us this season ..... okay Kompany got off with the red card , but the injuries he's suffered this season has meant he's been unavailable for key games.

And it hasn't just been him , we've often had key players missing for one reason or another .... more than we did last season.

Ducado said:
For once (and I emphasise the word once because he usually always talks out of his ring) I agree with Ducado.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.