Where did this season go so wrong?

Its been a right F**K UP since the end of last season, transfer window in the summer, constant rotation, no pace or width, bizzare team selections, transfer window in January. In fact Typical City. And how the f**k did Milner get dropped on Saturday after his performance last week?????

jay_mcfc said:
For me it was those final few minutes in Madrid. We were on the verge of doing something special but messed it up. Our subsequent fall in the CL has heaped the pressure on Mancini and we haven't recovered since.

After that it was West Ham away for me. It was the first real time I have been worried about us in a couple of years. We got beat off United the week after I think, then were poor over Christmas despite a couple of late victories and now we are playing like a shadow of ourselves from last season.

In truth we haven't been on any kind of run of form all season but Madrid and West Ham away were big games imo.

The Champions League in general, and specifically Ajax away.

carlosthejackal said:
Its been a right F**K UP since the end of last season, transfer window in the summer, constant rotation, no pace or width, bizzare team selections, transfer window in January. In fact Typical City. And how the f**k did Milner get dropped on Saturday after his performance last week?????
Didn't think he played well against Liverpool myself

images

Here.

citymad said:
alib said:
Van Persie's 92nd minute free kick against us

You mean when Nasri bottled it like a big girls blouse!!!
This 100%.....had we come out of that game with a draw,having battled back we would have taken the belief on and taken it to them.Losing that game to them was the beginning of the end.

alib said:
Van Persie's 92nd minute free kick against us

Probably so .......

although in the previous home game Everton grabbed a draw that didn't do us any good either.

I think we as a fanbase have become spoiled and greedy. We've lost 3 games all season in the league. The CL really sucked, but this "meltdown" is nowhere near what its hyped to be by the press.

Ducado said:
But if we finish 2nd has it gone wrong? What if we win the FA cup? Get a grip we won't win it every year I don't think some of us understand this

Big if for Fa cup and let's say we equal their results then finishing 12 points behind would not really be progress.

That combined with no wins in 6 in CL, not even qualifying for europa and a carling cup exit to villa at home would equal a fairly poor season based on £50m spent to "improve" our squad.

The Fa cup would redeem the season from here but like I say the way we are playing its a big if. I wouldn't fancy any one of the other top sides in the QF away that's for sure.

Ducado said:
But if we finish 2nd has it gone wrong? What if we win the FA cup? Get a grip we won't win it every year I don't think some of us understand this

Finishing second is no disgrace, but it's the manner of it, without even a whimper. That's IF we even get 2nd...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.