Where did this season go so wrong?

Last season we had a fantastic preseason that catapulted us into the season but after a while we wained. Thankfully we won our last few games and United gifted us the title by dropping points.

This season we didn't have the same cohesion preseason and I don't think we realized what was at the root cause of our mid-late season wobble last year.

I hope this season is an education to the club and next season we'll regain the spark that made us so magic to watch at times.

But after so many years of no hope how can anyone be depressed? We won the FA CUP. And then we snatched the league away from United in a way that must of hurt. City are the best team in the world and it wouldn't be City if it was straight forward.

Ducado said:
But if we finish 2nd has it gone wrong? What if we win the FA cup? Get a grip we won't win it every year I don't think some of us understand this
Some really don't understand this. We will not win the league every season! Sometimes we'll struggle and will barely make a challenge for the title, sometimes we'll just miss out. We will win a fair few over the coming decades but anyone thinking we'll win it every season and anyone thinking United are on their way down the table soon are deluded.

Important thing is on the seasons we don't is that we finish in the top three and do our best to win a cup. Then to again the next season.

Caveman said:
Ducado said:
But if we finish 2nd has it gone wrong? What if we win the FA cup? Get a grip we won't win it every year I don't think some of us understand this
Some really don't understand this. We will not win the league every season! Sometimes we'll struggle and will barely make a challenge for the title, sometimes we'll just miss out. We will win a fair few over the coming decades but anyone thinking we'll win it every season and anyone thinking United are on their way down the table soon are deluded.

Important thing is on the seasons we don't is that we finish in the top three and do our best to win a cup. Then to again the next season.

Very much this!

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Regroup in summer,clear some of the deadwood and start again.

And lets hope we don't buy any more deadwood.

We always seem to be trying to get rid of it!

Claytop said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Regroup in summer,clear some of the deadwood and start again.

And lets hope we don't buy any more deadwood.

We always seem to be trying to get rid of it!

There isn't a squad in the country that doesn't accumulate deadwood.

The 3 supposed world class strikers we have and the inability to score/finish games off in my opinion.

none of them have had any form what so ever i maybe being harsh on Edin somewhat and i suppose we could point fingers at our attacking midfielders as well silva/nasri and yaya that have not scored enough.

Gabriel said:
jay_mcfc said:
Mancini will be a top class manager but only when he grows up, which won't be here. He'll win the CL with an Italian team one day.

Could you elaborate on that, please? Do you mean matures as a manager or something different?

He needs to grow up as a man and a manager if he wants to be as elite as he should be. He has all the attributes and I hope for his sake that when he is 70 he looks back and thinks he was as good as he could have been much in the same way that I hope Balotelli does when he finishes his career.

Pam said:
Caveman said:
Ducado said:

Very much this!

If we finish within say 5 points of them, then yes OK.

If we finish > 12 adrift, then no. You will never see the rags 12 points off the pace because sadly they have a better manager than ours, who can get the most out of indifferent players and knows where and when to strengthen when he as to.

I don't think it's all Mancini's fault - the board and or Marwood clearly did not back him in the summer.

But if we do finish 12 points back - or god forbid 3rd or worse - that is a total and utter unmitigated fuck up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.